Issues with tree supports on Ender 6 Cura 4.13

Posted · Issues with tree supports on Ender 6 Cura 4.13

When using tree supports with the newest update of cura on my Ender 6 looking at the preview shows that the program is making supports that are half inside the print essentially mending the support into the print making them one piece and extremely hard to remove. I’ve linked both a picture of said issue and my settings! Hopefully someone has some ideas!

3A971E0B-79D6-4175-97FA-5397DEB7BF0B.jpeg

566C1603-36A0-4EE2-8199-666706A396D0.jpeg

32963311-4C8B-4DB7-8221-A717F1F383B8.jpeg

4C0E9A28-3DEA-47F0-A901-0B074C614FDF.jpeg

C4F3C4E6-58EA-40A0-9932-F0245548C1D1.jpeg

AFD084B7-D98F-4FA5-B7BE-D80D22049D36.jpeg

This has come up before.  I can't remember if it got figured out or not.  With that model loaded in Cura and with Cura set up and ready to slice use "File | Save Project" and then post the 3mf project file here.

Posted (edited) · Issues with tree supports on Ender 6 Cura 4.13

When I slice it I'm not seeing any problems.  Can you post a screenshot of the problem layer(s)?

EDIT:  There is a bug report on Github #11258 regarding this sort of behavior.  What operating system are you using on that computer?

Edited by GregValiant

Here is a screenshot of a preview from 4.12.1:

image.thumb.png.86fdb28eb3e97211915ced87fcfc5ef0.png

And here, same model and all other settings, profile, etc. on 4.13:

image.thumb.png.4e6e0f9a85868948d9a23eeecfb70df9.png

Note the supports inside the model circled in red and the supports off the build plate circled in purple (I made a different post about this).

This is Ender 3, Windows 11.  Note that I see a lot of strange things with my CAD programs on Windows 11 (OpenSCAD won't even run without hanging), but I haven't had a problem with Cura before 4.13...

Here is my slice.  This might be the new winner of the "longest slice that completed" award.  This with Cura 4.12.1 and Windows 10.  At 86 hours it's one of the longest prints as well.  With my standard profile it's still 40 hours.

image.thumb.png.240296ba5f4f062a6c75352a1178e580.png

There is a backlog item for this.