Cura 4.13 - Tree Support is being placed through model

EpicSkittles117

Posted · Cura 4.13 - Tree Support is being placed through model

Hi I just installed Cura 4.13 and I am trying to slice a mini but the tree supports are being placed through the models legs, I have changed a few support settings around but it doesnt seem to change the issue. please let me know if its a print settings issue or a problem with the slicer. the same model with the same print settings worked before I installed 4.13. I have attached a pic showing the issue. I am using tree supports as they are easier to remove from the model than other supports.

support problem.jpg

• Like 1

Posted (edited) · Cura 4.13 - Tree Support is being placed through model

i am having the same problem on some files ... on cura 4.13 the tree support is embedded in the object while with cura 4.12 it does not happen.

test performed with the same print profile on both mac and pc and I get the same result.

I enclose comparison photos. if you need other data, please ask;)

BNoEM0NEox.png

Edited by tamerlanOne

Posted · Cura 4.13 - Tree Support is being placed through model
    On 1/12/2022 at 1:21 AM, EpicSkittles117 said:

Just an update, this happens with every model I try to slice, there seems to be an issue with supports on Cura 4.13. I have moved back to 4.12 and I dont have any issues with supports

I am having a similar problem with Cura 4.13.1. When I print either Tree supports or Custom supports (Under the cylindrical plugin), The Hotend hits the supports and knocks them over. The Print survives and never gets hit.  I do not have "Z Hop only over printed parts" checked. Avoid printed parts, and avoid supports when traveling are both checked. And I upped the Z-Hop height to 0.24mm to no avail. I am printing at 0.12mm. The supports hold to at least 3.5 inches (guestimate) and then start to get hit, until they fall over. My print is 5-3/4" tall.   **Note: I have not tried "normal" supports as of today.

Edited by Muskateer10

Same here Cura 4.13.1 Tree Support is being placed through model will not come off easy.

Tthe rest did come off easy just the inside of the duct this monster tree):

274752945_3115250738732484_727409555037015201_n.jpg

Edited by Arnie3d