Camera problems

wittsend

Posted · Camera problems

I am new to Ultimaker and just purchased a S5. I have not been able to get the camera working and was wondering if there is a trick to it. I see a lot of "camera not working " posts but nothing about a fix from Ultimaker. Am I missing something?

Posted · Camera problems

Welcome!

No, there is no trick to get it working. If it is not working on a brand new printer, I would contact your reseller.

Have you tried the internet webpage from the printer itself, if you see the cam there? Just enter the IP address of the printer in a browser and follow the menu. 

Posted · Camera problems

It appears you are in the USA.  I would contact support@fbrc8.com.  They assembled your printer and if you give them your serial number and explain the problem they can tell you if it is still under warranty.  Even if it isn't they will surely give you some hints as to what is wrong as we are not familiar with this particular issue (probably rare?).

Usually someone here has a good idea as to the problem but apparently not this time.

Posted · Camera problems

Most often camera issues are usually IP address related and resolved after a factory reset. As Smithy mentioned you can put the IP address into your browser and see what comes up that way. Are you running the latest firmware?

And as gr5 mentioned, you can always submit a ticket. Screen shots of what you're seeing when you try to access the camera should also help.

Posted · Camera problems

This is what I see

IMG_4829.jpg

Posted · Camera problems

I have e new ultimaker S5 (Firmware (6.5.2.0) and I have the same problem. What should I do ?

Posted · Camera problems

I have the latest firmware 7.0.2

Posted · Camera problems

Whit a new Firmware 6.5.3.0, camera is done

thank you

Posted · Camera problems

@Syl2014 - I don't think it was the firmware, lol.  I think it was the reboot.

Posted · Camera problems

@wittsend - did you try rebooting?  If so did you try the factory reset?  Erin is very good at this - she has fixed hundreds of S5 printers.  Note that after a factory reset I'm pretty sure you need to do XY calibration again.  Probably lift switch calibration as well.  But if you are only using one core you can skip XY calibration and lift switch calibration gets easier each time.  I can do it in less than a minute now.

Posted (edited) · Camera problems

I took the bottom off and unplugged and plugged back in the camera and it worked then tried again and the camera stopped working.

Edited by wittsend

Posted · Camera problems

Beware that under the bottom are deadly voltages.  Be careful under there.  Did you follow Erin's advice?  She's probably the most knowledgable person on the planet regarding this particular issue.  Seriously.  She's built and repaired S5's.  She's helped hundreds of people fix them.  She works for the company that assembles every S5 sold in USA.  So take her advice very seriously.

• Like 2

Posted · Camera problems

Yes I understand and it was unplugged. I am used to working around power and always take it seriously. I am still working on it and hope to get it solved.