Ultimaker 3

walkerj

Good Afternoon 

My name is David, and I am a DT Technician at Westholme school in the Uk. Please could you help or advise on the picture attached. We have a Ultimaker 3, which is absolutely, fantastic, but we are experiencing problems when we change the nozzle 2 and material 2 to PVA. It says that we have changed setting and must agree or disagree and if we press any pf these, the following note comes up and we cannot slice the 3D design. To make this work with nozzle 2 using PVA I had to tell CURA that it was clear PLA, and this has worked, and I am now successfully printing with the PVA as support. Are we doing something wrong.

IMG_0464.JPG

Hi,

as @IRobertI mentioned and you described, it's a configuration mismatch with print core 2.

As your problem and solution both happen in Cura, I assume that you didn't tell Cura that print core 2 has been changed to "BB".

Is your UM3 connected to Cura by LAN or WIFI? If yes, you easily can syncronize the actual setting of the printer to Cura. If not, you must select the print core manually, the same way you told Cura which material is used.

If you have inserted a "BB"-core into the printer, but it tells it's "AA", you should refer to the following thread:

Regards

Posted · Ultimaker 3
    On 2/4/2022 at 3:26 PM, IRobertI said:

Are you using an AA-core or a BB-core? PVA requires a BB-core, one was included in the box when you bought the printer if you bought it new.

Hi we Have a BB 0.4 core in, but still have the problem.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
    • Our picks

• UltiMaker Cura 5.7 stable released
        Cura 5.7 is here and it brings a handy new workflow improvement when using Thingiverse and Cura together, as well as additional capabilities for Method series printers, and a powerful way of sharing print settings using new printer-agnostic project files! Read on to find out about all of these improvements and more. 

• 18 replies
      • S-Line Firmware 8.3.0 was released Nov. 20th on the "Latest" firmware branch.
        (Sorry, was out of office when this released)

This update is for...
        All UltiMaker S series  
        New features

Temperature status. During print preparation, the temperatures of the print cores and build plate will be shown on the display. This gives a better indication of the progress and remaining wait time. Save log files in paused state. It is now possible to save the printer's log files to USB if the currently active print job is paused. Previously, the Dump logs to USB option was only enabled if the printer was in idle state. Confirm print removal via Digital Factory. If the printer is connected to the Digital Factory, it is now possible to confirm the removal of a previous print job via the Digital Factory interface. This is useful in situations where the build plate is clear, but the operator forgot to select Confirm removal on the printer’s display. Visit this page for more information about this feature.
        • 0 replies