Ultimaker 3

walkerj

Good Afternoon 

My name is David, and I am a DT Technician at Westholme school in the Uk. Please could you help or advise on the picture attached. We have a Ultimaker 3, which is absolutely, fantastic, but we are experiencing problems when we change the nozzle 2 and material 2 to PVA. It says that we have changed setting and must agree or disagree and if we press any pf these, the following note comes up and we cannot slice the 3D design. To make this work with nozzle 2 using PVA I had to tell CURA that it was clear PLA, and this has worked, and I am now successfully printing with the PVA as support. Are we doing something wrong.

IMG_0464.JPG

Hi,

as @IRobertI mentioned and you described, it's a configuration mismatch with print core 2.

As your problem and solution both happen in Cura, I assume that you didn't tell Cura that print core 2 has been changed to "BB".

Is your UM3 connected to Cura by LAN or WIFI? If yes, you easily can syncronize the actual setting of the printer to Cura. If not, you must select the print core manually, the same way you told Cura which material is used.

If you have inserted a "BB"-core into the printer, but it tells it's "AA", you should refer to the following thread:

Regards

Posted · Ultimaker 3
    On 2/4/2022 at 3:26 PM, IRobertI said:

Are you using an AA-core or a BB-core? PVA requires a BB-core, one was included in the box when you bought the printer if you bought it new.

Hi we Have a BB 0.4 core in, but still have the problem.