M82 ;absolute extrusion mode
; ABOVE this line is generated by cura
G28 ;Home
Z_TILT_ADJUST ;true bed level
BED_MESH_CALIBRATE  ;preform bed mesh
G92 E0
G1 F200 E3

My Issue is the "T0" placement before the heating section.

i have code to run after tool selection that errors because of heaters not on.

is there any way to move the "T0" after the Last "M109"?

I am running a Octopi and klipper on a Octopus V1.1

cura ver.png

Posted · Order of generated Gcode

I'll take a stab at this.  It would be good if you would go to Machine Settings and copy your StartUp Gcode and paste it into a response here.  Without it I have to guess (and that is never good).

It looks like your StartUp Gcode is configured to heat T0 to print temperature while heating T1, T2, and T3 to the material standby temperature.  My guess is that T0 is going to print the skirt/brim/raft and so is the Initial Extruder.

You could alter the StartUp Gcode to insure that all are at printing temperature if that is what is required.

Right now you may have something like:

M104 S{material_standby_temperature} T1

if it was:

M104 S{material_print_temperature_layer_0} T1 ;then it would heat to print temperature, but it would not wait.

M109 S{material_print_temperature_layer_0} T1 ;would wait for it to get hot, but you would be waiting a while as each extruder would heat in turn.

If your power supply can handle it then...

M104 S{default_material_print_temperature} T0 ;Start to heat

M104 S{default_material_print_temperature} T1 ;Start to heat

M104 S{default_material_print_temperature} T2 ;Start to heat

M104 S{default_material_print_temperature} T3 ;Start to heat

M109 S{default_material_print_temperature} T0 ;Wait

M109 S{default_material_print_temperature} T1 ;Wait

M109 S{default_material_print_temperature} T2 ;Wait

M109 S{default_material_print_temperature} T3 ;Wait

would start to heat each hot end in turn, and then wait until each had reached printing temperature before continuing with the rest of the StartUp Gcode.

You could enter additional M104 lines to allow the hot ends to cool to the standby temperature and finish with the extruder that will be used first;

M104 S{material_standby_temperature} T0 ;Cool

M104 S{material_standby_temperature} T1 ;Cool

M104 S{material_standby_temperature} T2 ;Cool

M104 S{material_standby_temperature} T3 ;Cool

M109 S{material_print_temperature_layer_0} T{initial_extruder_nr} ;Heat the initial extruder

Without knowing what you have now I can't be sure but I think the above is in the ballpark.  Wherever you end up, it won't be really simple.

• 2 weeks later...

below is my startup code

; ABOVE this line is generated by cura
    G90 ;absolute positioning
    G28 ;Home
    Z_TILT_ADJUST ;true bed level
    BED_MESH_CALIBRATE  ;preform bed mesh
    G92 E0

If Cura doesn't see any temperatures in the StartUp G-Code (and you currently don't have any) then it will add temperatures before the StartUp GCode to insure there is no Cold Extrusion.  I'm not sure how it picked T0 to heat first.  It may be the Initial Extruder (or Cura simply defaulted to T0).  Since it picked T0 to be first then the other three extruders are only brought up to Standby Temperature for the material each has loaded.

Although T0 does heat first the M109 S215 line insures it is up to printing temperature prior to the StartUp Gcode being executed.  The other three are not...they are brought up to Standby Temperature.

Which extruder do you need active for"...I have code to run after tool selection."?  Do you need each extruder in turn up to print temperature?  Are there prints you run with (for example) T1 and T3 active but with T0 and T2 disabled?  (That combination would be tricky.)

Is the "...Code-After-Tool-Selection":  Within the gcode file or are you calling a separate sub-file with M32 or something similar?

You could post a gcode file that you like and that contains the Code after Tool Selection.  You might have to hand code parts of it.

Without knowing exactly what you want to happen (and when) I'm shooting in the dark.

I know this topic is old, but I have the same problem.

Cura puts this in before the temps in the startup definition.  My question is how to stop them as they are not needed as the temps are set in the printer/extruder setups.

;Generated with Cura_SteamEngine 5.6.0
    T1
    M140 S70
    M105
    M190 S70
    M104 S220
    M105
    M109 S220
    ; ; ABOVE this line is generated by cura before the printe

;Start GCode Extruder right begin
    M140 S70.0 ;Start heating bed
    M104 T1 S225.0 ;Start heating extruder
    M190 T1 S70.0 ; Start heating the bed, wait until target temperature reached
    M109 T1 S220.0 ; Finish heating the nozzle
    ;Start GCode Extruder right End

20 minutes ago, tigercjn said:

I know this topic is old, but I have the same problem.

Cura puts this in before the temps in the startup definition.  My question is how to stop them as they are not needed as the temps are set in the printer/extruder setups.

Could you please post the startup gcode for your printer so we can see if there's anything in there that might make Cura do something like this?

That "prepend" is added to insure that the Cura settings are invoked for the hot end and bed.  If there are Cura keywords in your startup then that "temperature prepend" won't be added.

M104 S{material_print_temperature_layer_0}

and

M140 S{material_bed_temperature_layer_0}

would be examples for the hot end and bed temperatures in the StartUp Gcode.  Cura will replace any keywords with the setting value and so the prepend wouldn't be needed.