Need to connect it from back side of printer instead of material station. Because the material I am trying to print is SSIC

viveksriram

Posted · Need to connect it from back side of printer instead of material station. Because the material I am trying to print is SSIC

I Need help to connect the spool from back side of printer instead of loading in material  station.  Because the material I am trying to print is SSIC quite brittle while loading in material station. I have ultimaker s5 with material station at bottom. Refer image please 

20220215_163530.jpg

20220215_163523.jpg

Posted · Need to connect it from back side of printer instead of material station. Because the material I am trying to print is SSIC

So most people with S5 printers do not have a material station.  So just disconnect it.  Remove it.  Reboot the S5.  Done.  Right?

I think that's your best option.

I recommend you print your part towards the front of the print bed so that the bowden has a larger radius and is less likely to break the filament.

• Like 1

I have a doubt that if we remove the material station will it sense the material spool is loaded? because i've tried that by just feed the material from back side but the printer is not sensing the material is loaded. kidly reply ASAP please.

If it's not sensing the material, just select the material type manually.

The sensor that detects the material type is inside the spool holder.  That may be lost at this point.  Look through your original packaging?  As soon as you mechanically put the spool holder on the S5 you then plug a cable from the spool holder into the printer.

But again, you can alternatively just choose the material type manually on the printer.

If you lost the spool holder you can just put the spool on the table behind the printer.  Often I pull the table away from the wall and put the spool on the floor.  sometimes I put something around the spool (heavy boxes - like unopened boxes of filament) to keep it upright but if it falls over it usually feeds reasonably well.  Or you can just unspool a few meters every hour or so.

How to add customized material in printer as well as cura software.

How to add customized material in printer as well as cura software.

please someone help me in this.

On 2/15/2022 at 5:43 AM, viveksriram said:

I Need help to connect the spool from back side of printer instead of loading in material  station.  Because the material I am trying to print is SSIC quite brittle while loading in material station. I have ultimaker s5 with material station at bottom. Refer image please 

Some time ago I requested this as an option on the S5, such that you could load brittle filaments into one of the extruders while leaving the Material Station connected for the other. I didn't get a response.