S5 Type1: Message Linux : U-Boot 2016.05-ultimaker-00017-g68b3b1c

Posted · S5 Type1: Message Linux : U-Boot 2016.05-ultimaker-00017-g68b3b1c

My S5 in blocked at start with a Linux message U-Boot 2016.05-ultimaker-00017-g68b3b1c

I have contacted the seller of the machine which indicates me that the problem is due to the fact that I do not have updated the firmware regularly.

The seller indicates that I have to return the machine to Ultimaker at my own expenses.

It claims that a S5 need to be always connected to a network to be able to alert the user that the firmware has to be updated.

Is-it possible to come back to the factory state ?

Regards.

Your reseller is wrong.  You don't need to keep updating the firmware at all.  You can just keep using the original firmware.  And you don't need to send the machine to the reseller to repair it.  A few years ago, UM told the reseller not to let the users unbrick their S5 if it was the older version as UM was concerned that someone without adequate training might electrocute themselves but now there is a pdf that the reseller can send you for detailed instructions of how to do it without danger.

How old is the S5?  Is it the "R1" with the robot on the side panels or the "R2" with the big "U" on the side panels?

You need to "unbrick" your machine.  There is information on how to do this in this thread:

But be warned that it might not work.  If you get that error you displayed without having done a firmware update then that is a bad sign that some file got corrupted on the "hard drive" (it's a solid state drive).  So you might need to read my (much more detailed and more complicated) directions here:

gr5.org/unbricking/

C'est une UM-S5 type R1, non connecté à un réseau.

Mon revendeur m'a renvoyé le message suivant: 

image.thumb.png.457943e37021305cfb7fe5e3d848a469.png

qui en serait presque risible s'il ne mettait pas en doute le sérieux d'Ultimaker.

Comment oser affirmer qu'un problème de boot puisse venir du fait que je n'ai pas mis à jour le firmware à temps ...

Cela reviendrait à dire qu'il existe une date de péremption sur les firmwares UM !

A l'époque du développement durable, ce serait du green washing à l'envers.

Certes une machine sans aucun bouton reset c'est déjà pas courant...

En attendant une réponse plus honnête de mon revendeur, merci pour votre aide.

I recommend you skip your reseller in this case.  I don't know much about this but I think there is a way to get directly to Ultimaker support in Netherlands if you do this:

Click that icon in the upper ;right corner, then click support, then click "Submit a request".  (all of these in the upper right corner of any Ultimaker.com page).

I think any ticket you create there will be seen by ultimaker support in Netherlands?  Not certain but maybe.  Possibly they will just forward your ticket to your local reseller but possibly not if you say you already spoke to them and got bad advice.

301628102_Screenshotfrom2022-02-2115-39-30.thumb.png.fdc8ff8ec28066c0e26a3989373528fb.png