G-Code issue with Cura 4.13.1

drill1000

Posted · G-Code issue with Cura 4.13.1

Hello

After slicing an STL file, previously used successfully, the G-Code details show the following message:
"Make sure the g-code is suitable for your printer configuration before sending the file to it. The g-code representation may not be accurate."
The model is then shown in red and cannot be selected, modified or moved. (see screenshot below)
Before resuming 3D printing in 2022 I was successfully printing these models on a previous version of cura. Can you confirm that it is NOT the installation of the latest version of cura that is causing this issue and if not, give me some guidance on what it could be?
Thank you
Best regards
David

gcode issue.jpg

okay thanks. It has been a couple of years and I have forgotten some of the process and cura has moved on somewhat.

I have sorted that now thans but I still can't print the GCODE files previously sliced or indeed that I slice now because even though I have set up CURA to 'origin at centre' it tries to print at the front left extreme of the table?

I have tried using 4 different CURA versions (back to 2.7 due to the Balco touch stating not to use from CURA 3.0 onwards) but they all produce the same result.

I have asked Balco the same question but have not yet  got a solution

Thanks for your help

BR

David

Screenshot 2022-03-01 152701.jpg

Hello.  I was ready to hit the send button so I did anyway.

As nallath says (and as the popup indicates) you can't alter or modify the Gcode in Cura.  But there are ways.

If your earlier Gcode files were created with "Origin At Center" ticked, and if your printer is an "Origin At Left Front Corner" machine, then the print will indeed show up at the left front corner.

There is an indicator in the gcode file.  In the beginning header information of a Cura gcode file are the Min and Max movements of all three axes.  If MinX and/or MinY are negative, then the gcode was created with Origin At Center ticked.

The way to print that gcode on an "Origin At Left Front Corner" printer is to change your home offsets.  You do that by adding an M206 line just before Layer 0, and then another line at the end of the gcode file that re-sets your home offset.

If you have never set the Home Offsets on the machine, then they are 0,0,0 and the location is the Auto-Home position.  If you were to add M206 X-100 Y-100 Z0 to the front of one of those files you want to print...

Example:

;
    ;End of StartUp Gcode
    ;
    G92 E0
    G92 E0
    G92 E-3
    ;LAYER_COUNT:135

M206 X-100 Y-100
    ;LAYER:0

At the end of the file:

M82 ;absolute extrusion mode