trying to update ultimaker s5 firmware while avoiding fan issue

echong

Posted · trying to update ultimaker s5 firmware while avoiding fan issue

Hi,

I'm currently getting a fan error from my Ultimaker S5 (https://support.ultimaker.com/hc/en-us/articles/360011706379-ER86-Air-Manager-fan-is-unable-to-rotate-at-the-desired-speed)

Before trying out the hardware solutions suggested, I wanted to try updating the firmware. I loaded a firmware version on my USB stick and want to load it through the GUI on the printer, but the screen is just stuck at this, and doesn't change after rebooting, or if I disconnect the fan

image.thumb.png.f733a9d88d06fb2bffdd3ac85b91e444.png

I was also trying to update the firmware via network (ethernet) connection, but my computer fails to detect the printer over the Internet.

Any thoughts?

I don't have an air manager but I'm 90% sure you can just disconnect it (and optionally the material station), reboot and then install the update.  After the update seems good you could optionally reconnect the hardware and reboot.

Posted (edited) · trying to update ultimaker s5 firmware while avoiding fan issue

thanks! yup i managed to install the update after unplugging the air manager (at the top connector, not the bottom no idea why that should make a difference). i'm still getting the air manager error when I start printing, so I guess it has to be a hardware issue...

Edited by echong

I'm also getting this problem, its very frustrating, i have taken the airmanager to bits and it can be only one of 2 things, 1-PCB 2-The fan itself. Both of these look completely fine to me and they are less than 2 years old, Looking at the fan makers website they guarantee their fans for 6 years... is Ultimaker going to help its customers here?

I currently have my fan uninstalled from the machine and control screen. 

MicrosoftTeams-image (23).png

MicrosoftTeams-image (22).png

Well your reseller should give you support for this kind of thing.  Or you can click that icon in the upper right corner as shown below, then click support, then click "Submit a request".  (all of these in the upper right corner of any Ultimaker.com page).

301628102_Screenshotfrom2022-02-2115-39-30.thumb.png.fdc8ff8ec28066c0e26a3989373528fb.png

• Like 1