One side of print always has the bad surface quality

Anka

Posted · One side of print always has the bad surface quality

Hello,

I have problem with printed surface but only at one side of print. Printed model were always very good, but since month left side of printed models always has very bad quality. I checked  fan and they worked I also calibrated printer, but everything is okay and models still have poor left side quality

IMG_20220308_160812[1].jpg

IMG_20220308_155132[1].jpg

IMG_20220308_155143[1].jpg

IMG_20220308_160738[1].jpg

Settings1.PNG

Settings2.PNG

You idea of checking the fans was excellent. 

There are 3 fans in the print head.  I still suspect the left fan.  I've seen this kind of thing many times and when one side is better it's usually "not enough fan".

Try to find a way to check the fan while it's printing instead of before you start.  It may be intermittent.  Maybe by using a small piece of paper to check airflow only on left side?

Another possibility:

Maybe the air temperature where you print has gone up?  Because of the location of the print cores and the fans one side usually prints better than the other.  But if this is a new problem maybe it is caused by slightly higher air temperatures or maybe you got some doors for your UM3.

Thank you for your answer. The fans was my first thought but they work correctly. I also cheked temperature, speed and filament and still something was wrong so today I change the printcore. And that is solve of my problem. Probably old printcore was scorched in some area of nozzle. I try to clean it.

That makes sense!  If the nozzle hole isn't round.  I will remember this for the next time someone has a similar problem.  🙂 

Have you tried "cold pull"?  google it so you understand it - find an explanation with photos.  Then do it from the menu system on the UM3.  It usually takes a few tries to get a good cold pull.

After a good cold pull the nozzle should be completely empty and you can see light through the nozzle tip.  Then try scraping the inside with a piece of metal while the nozzle is hot and do one more cold pull.

• Like 1