Random lines from orego to model when slicing

Bentineren

Posted · Random lines from orego to model when slicing

When slicing this model i noticed that on a single layer the only lines that would be printed are from the origin to the models. 

I have been scratching my head trying to figure out what is causing it, but to no avail. It seems very odd to me.

I dont know if it is a visual bug in the previewer, or if it is also showing up in the gcode

I am slicing with the print sequence set to one at a time. Other than that the profile is the default Ender-3 Pro standard quality.

I am using Cura 4.13.0 on windows 10

For me, the error is occuring on layer 166 in the project i have attached

Skærmbillede 2022-03-24 074516.jpg

E3P_cableChain40MountSidev_4-08.3mf

I don't see that when I sliced your file.  Can you post a gcode file?  I'll look to see if the moves are in it.  Without seeing it I'm suspicous that it is a preview problem because the Z is affected.  The gcode file should give a clue.

On 3/24/2022 at 10:31 AM, GregValiant said:

I don't see that when I sliced your file.  Can you post a gcode file?  I'll look to see if the moves are in it.  Without seeing it I'm suspicous that it is a preview problem because the Z is affected.  The gcode file should give a clue.

Of course, i have attached the gcode.

Yeah, it is probably just a visual bug. Tried slicing the .3mf file in a different version of Cura and nothing out of the ordinary was to be seen.  

I appreciate the help!

E3P_cableChain40MountSidev4-08_4-05.gcode

I read the gcode into AutoCad and it's fine.  You can open the gcode in Cura to check it as well.  Cura's gcode reader is separate from the slicer so you get the true view.

There is a caveat with that particular file.  Cura doesn't display "One at a Time" files in the correct order as each part has it's own "LAYER:0" so everything gets lumped together by Layer rather than in the actual print order.

Untitled.png

• Thanks 1

There's a few minor bugs associated with "one at a time" mode.  Nothing to worry about.  Well - "pause at height" and  "tweak at Z" and similar plugins get a little confused if you try to pause based on layer number.  And I guess some display bugs that you found.  But they are all minor.