S5 Pro or ???

Posted · S5 Pro or ???

I understand this question will raise some hackles on this form that is not my intent I am mostly a Ultimaker shop with six of my fourteen printers being Ultimaker right now.

I am adding a new Printer in May, I was ready to plop down for the S5 Pro bundle I was waiting hoping a S5+ or S6 would be announced but I heard nothing but crickets. Then I heard about the Raise3d Pro 3 it ticked a few boxes that knocked them off my list last year and at half the price the ROI is hard to beat.

I know the ins and outs of my Ultimaker printers, I know what tweaks I must do to Model XXX to make it come out correctly, but the dollar is king, and half the price is a hard decision to make. I posted a few questions on the Rasie3d forums in Feb and in over two hundred views not a single reply, which is a con to me I know this post will have replied in an hour because Ultimaker forums are active and have an involved community. All rambling aside this printer will be ear marked for dual material engineering items with close tolerances and print in place movement, I am working on contracts that will tie it up for a few months 24x7 I do not have time to purchase a printer that I have to futz around with.

If anyone here knows the raise Ecosystem and can give some InSite or has or have used the Pro3 I would love to hear from you.

Posted (edited) · S5 Pro or ???

I have nothing constructive to add, but I just hope I am still within the hour. I would not want to disappoint you.

Edit: seems like I missed the deadline by just a couple of minutes. I am sorry. I feel like I let this whole community down... Again...

Edited by ahoeben
    • Like 3

Posted (edited) · S5 Pro or ???
    On 4/2/2022 at 7:03 AM, Belezeebub said:

I understand this question will raise some hackles on this form that is not my intent I am mostly a Ultimaker shop with six of my fourteen printers being Ultimaker right now.

I am adding a new Printer in May, I was ready to plop down for the S5 Pro bundle I was waiting hoping a S5+ or S6 would be announced but I heard nothing but crickets. Then I heard about the Raise3d Pro 3 it ticked a few boxes that knocked them off my list last year and at half the price the ROI is hard to beat.

I know the ins and outs of my Ultimaker printers, I know what tweaks I must do to Model XXX to make it come out correctly, but the dollar is king, and half the price is a hard decision to make. I posted a few questions on the Rasie3d forums in Feb and in over two hundred views not a single reply, which is a con to me I know this post will have replied in an hour because Ultimaker forums are active and have an involved community. All rambling aside this printer will be ear marked for dual material engineering items with close tolerances and print in place movement, I am working on contracts that will tie it up for a few months 24x7 I do not have time to purchase a printer that I have to futz around with.

If anyone here knows the raise Ecosystem and can give some InSite or has or have used the Pro3 I would love to hear from you.

I can fully understand you! Our S5 was also not enough for our growing demand, and I was in the same position as you a few weeks ago. If you think about it, how long the S5 now is on the market and there is still no successor available.  I needed a larger print surface area, better mechanical robustness, actively heated chamber and an idex dual extruder to double the print speed for identical parts. I had no choice but to buy a Flashforge Creator 4. I hope that this decision was not a mistake. The firmware and software of the Ultimaker printers is definitely superior.  

About Raise3D I cannot really say much. One of the german dealers for all different types of printers (Ultimaker, Raise3D, BCN3D, Flashforge,Zmorph,...) recommended the E2 model to me because they had a lot of happy customers. But the print volume was not enough for me, that's why I haven't looked into these printers in detail.

Edited by mkaj2019