Cura print times inaccurate with my Anycubic Vyper

Posted · Cura print times inaccurate with my Anycubic Vyper

I have only been printing for about a month or so, and I can not figure out why my print times are not coming close to the Cura estimated time. Currently printing an item that was estimated for 13h 35m, but we are already at 19h+ and only at 65%. This 13h print is going to end up being around 30h. I haven't printed a single item yet that was anything close to the estimated time. I am working with pretty basic setting, aside from a few support setting changes. What do I have wrong in the settings that is causing such a discrepancy?  Please help!

It's probably the acceleration settings that are set in the machine profile. Since we don't actually have Anycubic Vipers, we can't test the values that people provide us (and all non -ultimaker machines are contributed to us, they are not made by Ultimaker).

It is the acceleration settings issue. I had the same issue with my Vyper and after enable the acceleration option in cura the estimate time for Vyper has become pretty accurate.

• Like 1

Yeah but better to fix it in the machine settings.  Find out what the acceleration and jerk and max speed settings are for your printer and put that in the machine settings (not your slicer settings).

Even better, do a pull request so all people with the same printer will get the proper values when they upgrade to the next version of cura.

• Like 1