Selecting the correct thermistor

bob

Posted · Selecting the correct thermistor

After more than a year of having the parts laying arround, I finally decided to build a hot bed. I was about to go to Daid's Marlin builder only to descover there is a new one.

Unfortunately I cant seem to find the termistor that I have in the list. I have the EPCOS B57560G104F. It is unfortunately not listed, though I did find a temptable at reprap (http://reprap.org/wiki/Thermistor#EPCOS_100K_Thermistor_.28B57560G104F.29)

Any suggestions which I should choose?

Is there a guide on how to customize a calibration table. I have about a 20 deg offset in my HB temp in the useful range. I would like to heat to a series of targets, measure the actual temp at each target and adjust the table. I have lookwd into the tables a bit, but I dont have a sound understanding how they work. Maybe I'd be better served by a different table tgan the one I currently have selected. When I get home, Ill post which thermistor I have and request advice on the best table....

OK, I have the 100K thermistor sold by Ultimachine. #B57560G104F according to their sales page. The http://www.epcos.com/inf/50/db/ntc_09/Glass_enc_Sensors__B57560__G560__G1560.pdfthere doesn't have an exact match for that thermistor model. I think the part number may be a typo...

In Marlin, I am using the look-up table for sensor

// 1 is 100k thermistor - best choice for EPCOS 100k (4.7k pullup)

#define TEMP_SENSOR_BED 1

Hi Mastory

If you look at your table for the number next to the temperature you are getting. Then find another table where that number gives the temperature you want.

Hope that makes sense.

OK, I have the 100K thermistor sold by Ultimachine. #B57560G104F according to their sales page.

That's the same thermistor as the OP. You want

#define TEMP_SENSOR_BED 3

Or just use robotfuzz marlin builder like I said to in my first post on this thread.

edit: Don't be confused with 56540G104F.