Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
Sign in to follow this  
bob

Selecting the correct thermistor

After more than a year of having the parts laying arround, I finally decided to build a hot bed. I was about to go to Daid's Marlin builder only to descover there is a new one.

Unfortunately I cant seem to find the termistor that I have in the list. I have the EPCOS B57560G104F. It is unfortunately not listed, though I did find a temptable at reprap (http://reprap.org/wiki/Thermistor#EPCOS_100K_Thermistor_.28B57560G104F.29)

Any suggestions which I should choose?

Is there a guide on how to customize a calibration table. I have about a 20 deg offset in my HB temp in the useful range. I would like to heat to a series of targets, measure the actual temp at each target and adjust the table. I have lookwd into the tables a bit, but I dont have a sound understanding how they work. Maybe I'd be better served by a different table tgan the one I currently have selected. When I get home, Ill post which thermistor I have and request advice on the best table....

OK, I have the 100K thermistor sold by Ultimachine. #B57560G104F according to their sales page. The http://www.epcos.com/inf/50/db/ntc_09/Glass_enc_Sensors__B57560__G560__G1560.pdfthere doesn't have an exact match for that thermistor model. I think the part number may be a typo...

In Marlin, I am using the look-up table for sensor

// 1 is 100k thermistor - best choice for EPCOS 100k (4.7k pullup)

#define TEMP_SENSOR_BED 1

OK, I have the 100K thermistor sold by Ultimachine. #B57560G104F according to their sales page.

That's the same thermistor as the OP. You want

#define TEMP_SENSOR_BED 3

Or just use robotfuzz marlin builder like I said to in my first post on this thread.

edit: Don't be confused with 56540G104F.