Cura 5.0.0 appImage not executing in Linux 22.04

travj

Posted · Cura 5.0.0 appImage not executing in Linux 22.04

Hey, I installed Linux 22.0.4 not to log ago and just recently tired to upgrading to Cura 5.0.0.  I downloaded the .AppImage from the Ultimaker website, changed the permission to run as a program.  But when I click on the .AppImage nothing happens. When i try to run it from the command line i get the error

"

PyInstaller/loader/pyimod03_importers.py:495: DeprecationWarning: the imp module is deprecated in favour of importlib and slated for removal in Python 3.12; see the module's documentation for alternative uses
qt.qpa.plugin: Could not load the Qt platform plugin "xcb" in "" even though it was found.

rt because no Qt platform plugin could be initialized. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem.

Available platform plugins are: eglfs, linuxfb, minimal, minimalegl, offscreen, vkkhrdisplay, vnc, wayland-egl, wayland, xcb.

"

I have been trying to find a work around but i have not been able to find anything.  Any tips or hints would be helpful!

• 2 weeks later...
    Posted (edited) · Cura 5.0.0 appImage not executing in Linux 22.04

On Debian Bookworm, the appimag claims that OpenGL is not available, which is – of course – wrong.

PyInstaller/loader/pyimod03_importers.py:495: DeprecationWarning: the imp module is deprecated i
    n favour of importlib and slated for removal in Python 3.12; see the module's documentation for
    alternative uses
    libGL error: MESA-LOADER: failed to open radeonsi: /usr/lib/dri/radeonsi_dri.so: Kann die Shared
    -Object-Datei nicht öffnen: Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden (search paths /usr/lib/x86_64-
    linux-gnu/dri:\$${ORIGIN}/dri:/usr/lib/dri, suffix _dri)
    libGL error: failed to load driver: radeonsi
    libGL error: MESA-LOADER: failed to open radeonsi: /usr/lib/dri/radeonsi_dri.so: Kann die Shared
    -Object-Datei nicht öffnen: Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden (search paths /usr/lib/x86_64-
    linux-gnu/dri:\$${ORIGIN}/dri:/usr/lib/dri, suffix _dri)
    libGL error: failed to load driver: radeonsi
    libGL error: MESA-LOADER: failed to open swrast: /usr/lib/dri/swrast_dri.so: Kann die Shared-Obj
    ect-Datei nicht öffnen: Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden (search paths /usr/lib/x86_64-linu
    x-gnu/dri:\$${ORIGIN}/dri:/usr/lib/dri, suffix _dri)
    libGL error: failed to load driver: swrast

workaround:

LD_PRELOAD=/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libstdc++.so.6 ./Ultimaker-Cura-5.0.0-linux.AppImage

Probably the build-system ultimaker uses for the AppImage is to old.

Edited by esopalumpa
    • Like 1
    • Thanks 1

Hi there

I have also been trying to run 5 on my chromebook but dont know much about linux. When typing the ./Cura.... after installing it gives me this: [29473] Error loading Python lib '/tmp/.mount_UltimanU50jy/libpython3.10.so.1.0': dlopen: /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libm.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.29' not found (required by /tmp/.mount_UltimanU50jy/libpython3.10.so.1.0)

I am running 4.13.1 without issues. I have also tried google but to no avail. 

Can anyone please assist? 

• 2 weeks later...

I am also having severe trouble installing Cura on Ubuntu 22.04. Is there a way to install Cura without using appimage?

On 7/1/2022 at 10:57 PM, sa0bxi said:

Is there a way to install Cura without using appimage?

I don’t know about Ubuntu 22.04, but I managed to build/backport the cura packages from Debian:experimental for Debian:testing. That’s a lot of work, so not recommended for the average user.

Order of build is: arcus, uranus, libsavitar, libnest2d, pynest2d, cura-engine, cura

13 hours ago, talz1979 said:

Hi, It seems no one care about Linux users, I am gonna keep using 4.13.1 with the fix. Just a shame to release like that.

Yep.

Hi,

This is my first post, so hello everyone!

I too had issues getting the 'appimage' version of Cura 5 to run on Ubuntu 22.04.

On looking around I found that just installing the older fuse 2 library, (not the complete fuse package with utilities, etc),  fixed this problem for me:

sudo apt install libfuse2

Don't try to install the whole of 'FUSE 2' - its not fully backwards compatible with the later version (FUSE3) used in Ubuntu 22.04 - I found this out the hard way 😖, by trying that first...

Typing:

./Ultimaker-Cura-5.0.0-linux.AppImage

In the directory where the 'AppImage' is located should then run the application, (I get a few QT warnings, but that's another story).

Thanks esopalumpa, that fixed it for me!

On 6/11/2022 at 10:47 AM, esopalumpa said:

workaround:

LD_PRELOAD=/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libstdc++.so.6 ./Ultimaker-Cura-5.0.0-linux.AppImage

Hey guys,

I have the same prob since Cura 5.0.0 beta on my Linux Mint.

All appimages before 5.0.0 where running without any probs.

Running this: 

./Cura-5.1.0-linux.AppImage

results in this:

[15908] Error loading Python lib '/tmp/.mount_Cura-5Dlz2Wf/libpython3.10.so.1.0': dlopen: /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libm.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.29' not found (required by /tmp/.mount_Cura-5Dlz2Wf/libpython3.10.so.1.0)

I do not have any idea how to start with fixing that issue.

Can somebody help me?

Cappy

Found the solution to this problem by first trying snapd, but sadly they don't have a 5.x release has of this post.

I wanted to share the solution I found here to help those who prefer Linux distros to use Cura

Use flatpack to install Cura , they have a 5.3.1 release that is quite good, they have builds for almost every distro out there.

https://www.flatpak.org/

It's not an appimage, the installation worked on recent Debian and Ubuntu with various desktops for me. I tried Deepin, Gnome, xfce, lxde, etc.

Flatpack integrated Cura perfectly, even USB permissions are properly set during flatpack installation.

Enjoy.

• Like 1

Download App Image 5.6.0

Extract the app image with

./UltiMaker-Cura-5.6.0-linux-X64.AppImage --appimage-extract

mv squashfs-root Cura-5.6.0

cd Cura-5.6.0

Edit AppRun.env and put these four lines at the top (removes your env settings that are causing the problem).

QT_ACCESSIBILITY=
    QT_QPA_PLATFORMTHEME=
    QT_STYLE_OVERRIDE=
    QT_IM_MODULE=

chmod +x AppRun

Enjoy...