Ultimaker 2+ and Klipper

Posted · Ultimaker 2+ and Klipper

Hey guys, I need help setting klipper for my UM2+.

I have installed klipper with ultimaker preset profile and had to adjust travel limits and Z steps, but looking good so far. The problem I found is hotend fan is not working (even if i heat extruder to 60C+). I don't know how to use gpio pins in klipper. For example I have this settings for part cooling fan and its working perfectly:

[fan]
pin: PH4

But that PH4 pin is PWM pin J14. How can I find relations for those pins (PH4 = J14)? My hotend fan is connected to J34, but I don't know how to make it running. Anyone have working printer.cfg for Ultimaker 2+?

• 1 month later...
    • 6 months later...
    • 1 month later...

Here's the config and macros for the Ultimaker 2+ with everything working. I've spent about the past year and a half developing and testing it. I have a different hotend so you may need to modify a few settings including the max build volume dimensions.

Download the config files here 
    https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1OxPxsmWer21sLv70prQ4QPo8FjtGq7w_?usp=share_link

• Like 2
    • Heart 1

• 7 months later...

Hello all. Thank you for everything, it everything running. Now I wish to turn off hotend fan below 60C and install a second MCU (a Makerbase robin e3d 2209 drivers) for the mecanical parts (X, Y, Z, extruder) so I can get all the advantages of modern drivers without leaving the PT100 sensors uncovered. 

I can't find a cfg that correctly works to turn off the hotend fan and can't find a way of powering the second board using de ultiboard. Any suggestion?