Print Core - Where is it called out in Material?

Tim_Cochrane

• 1 month later...
Posted · Print Core - Where is it called out in Material?

Isn’t the CC core the one with the ruby nozzle? I thought BB was only for PVA. I’m mostly curious because I’m trying to learn if I can change out just the nozzle part of the print core.

Posted · Print Core - Where is it called out in Material?

@Tim_Cochrane Did you change the nozzle to a ruby one? 
    You can reprogram the Core to make it think it is another one, here’s some explanation and instructions on how to do that: 

The commands are structured: 

sendgcode is the shell command

M151 is the gcode that does the programming itself

T0 is the printcore slot (T0 is slot 1, T1 is slot 2)

A8 is the memory area A8 is the type, A16 the diameter

D7800000000004141 the last four digits specify the nozzle type (4141 is AA, 4242 is BB, 4343 would be CC, the numbers are the ascii codes in hex format)

sendgcode M151 T0 A16

D20302E3400000000 the second command sets the nozzle diameter, you can look it up in the forum post I attached.
    You can theoretically use any combination even the ones that don’t exist but I don’t know how the printer would threat a CC0.25 or something, so better don’t do that. Also be careful to not accidentally reprogram the wrong slot. To make the printer recognise the "new" core you have to swap it out and in again. 

There’s also a way to program the cores with "fake print jobs" via USB but I don’t have the instructions on hand right now (it’s somewhere in the forums here). 

@kwakefield you can change the nozzle but it’s not officially supported. Also you have to be careful to not break the core and check afterwards if it’s really sealed off and nothing leaks otherwise you’ll have a bad time. There are replacement nozzles available from Microswiss, the original ones aren’t available separately. 
    Remember to recalibrate the X/Y offset once you changed the nozzle. 

There’s a nice instruction video made by gr5 from the forums here: