Material Sync not working

ElizabethT

Posted · Material Sync not working

Hi @MariMakes

I'm having issues trying to sync my materials as well, when trying to sync over the network it stays syncing forever and never says "done". When exporting from usb, won't show mw a file to save and if I just type a name for the umm file, when I take it to the printer it says that there's no new profiles. This is not the first time, but in this particular case I can't use a generic setting. What could I be doing wrong?

Thank you

Hey @ElizabethT,

I've split of your post to a seperate topic because I believe you might be running into a different issue.

What materials do you want to sync?
    Are you working with materials from the marketplace or with your own custom materials?
    These two have a slightly different workflow. 😉

I've always had a Sync problem with my S5 Bundle via my local network.

This is just another example of the CURA software not being well implemented for Ultimaker systems. Ultimaker seems to be still stuck in the "hobby" business mindset and should make CURA releases that are specific to only Ultimaker's systems. The software now is bloated and has too many bugs, with a very poor GUI by trying to accommodate the general public.

• Like 1
    • Confused 1

Hey @Trlby,

I'm sorry to hear that is how you feel about our products.
    We work hard to make it fit needs of all kinds of customers.
    But the best way we can do that is to listen to constructive feedback. 

Next time you are stuck sending materials I personally follow these troubleshooting steps. 
    https://support.ultimaker.com/hc/en-us/articles/360016857859-How-to-troubleshoot-issues-with-material-printer-synchronization-

Thanks Marimakes,

Most of my frustration is with CURA and how it interfaces with the S5 Bundle... the printer (when it's behaving) is great. The problems occur, when something goes wrong, and you're forced to shut the  system down and start all over.  Just now I received an ER65 error telling me my #2 extruder wasn't happy. I used the QR code and Ultimaker's website is down. But knowing that there's no real information there on why it stopped working, I just hit OK. I was sent back to the main screen on the S5, and clicked on to continue... and it started right back were it left off... NO ER65 anymore.  But what really gets me frustrated is seeing this happen when running parts overnight... and then when checking in using the Digital Factory, to get only a printing is  "paused"  message...  So I lose half a day, since I can't rely on the S5 Bundle to be smart enough to get past this automatically through the night. 

This just started happening since my last firmware upgrade... figure that. 

I tried that link you posted only to get timed out.... see below.

2022-11-09_10-19-08.jpg

Posted (edited) · Material Sync not working

Well here we are a year later and my printer is connected, Cura is up to date, and yet sync materials just spins and spins.  I managed to get it to sync ONCE -- and never again. On the Mac, it freezes up Cura entirely if you cancel out of the sync attempt. I now have the curious situation where Cura sees my S5 locally connected (blue check) but in Sync Materials shows the blue cloud icon... Either way, it is impossible to sync materials, causing major issues with printing some PLA that has different thermal properties and I need to adjust settings. We're wasting time and money on this and Makerbot seems to just not care. 

Edited by vagredajr007
    Update

USB sync also failed. The S5 does not see the .umm file that is on the properly formatted drive. I tried 2 drives, both were seen by the printer but when I try to import it says no new material profiles were found. I hope Ultibot/Makermaker takes this seriously because it's a real pain and reeks of anticompetitive behavior (ironic considering how good Cura is otherwise).

I'm having the same problem with the S5 bundle. I managed to get it to sync once about a year ago and I've spent countless hours trying all of the suggestions found in this thread and others on here. Why is this still a problem? Ultimaker, you can see from the comments here that this is a recurring problem. Please provide a fix!!