Encryption of cura secondary development version

Posted · Encryption of cura secondary development version

The output file format of the secondary development version of cura is: gcx, who can disassemble it into gcode?

[above translated by gr5]

[Attachment removed by gr5 - was a windows executable and may have contained a virus]

I've never heard of the "secondary development version".  Can you please be more specific?  Where did you find this version exactly.  Why won't it let you change the output (would be in machine settings - I can explain where).

• Heart 1

# Copyright (c) 2015 Ultimaker BV
    # Cura is released under the terms of AGPLv3 or higher.

from. import GCxWriter

from UM.i18n import i18n catalog catalog
    = i18nCatalog("cura")

def getMetaData():
    return {

“mesh_writer”: {“output”: [{

“extension”: “gcx”,“description”: catalog.i18nc(“@item:inlistbox”, “Encoding gcode File”),
    “mime_type”: “text/x-gcx”,

“mode”: GCxWriter.GCxWriter.OutputMode.TextMode

}]
            }

}

def register(app):
    return { “mesh_writer”: GCxWriter.GCxWriter() }

This is the cura of chitu's modified adwords, but it encrypts the output file! Can someone capable help me to change it to output gcode directly?

[above translated by gr5]

You shouldn't have to edit any files.  There are settings in cura to choose gcode versus gcx output.

What version of Cura are you using?  Cura 15.X?

In Cura 15.X you change it here - where it says "g-code flavor"  Change it to "Marlin" which gives you gcode and not gcx output.

amcky15wa9w51.png?width=1811&format=png&

This is a modified version based on cura2.0. I need a function to open SVG and a plug-in for automatically generating luminous characters. Can you tell me your email address? This makes it easy to communicate! Thank you for being a kind person. I need VPN support and translation software to communicate with you in China! Please tell me your email address Thank you very much

QQ screenshot 20221124122112.png

QQ screenshot 20221124122051.png

QQ screenshot 20221124122038.png

QQ screenshot 20221125122935.png

QQ screenshot 20221125122859.png

@nallath - do you know how to get this version of Cura 2.0 to output gcode instead of only gcx files?

@a5421306 - I really don't know how to do what you want but the configuration file you are looking for is probably in github if you go back 7 years there should be configuration files for several different types of output including "Marlin" style gcode files.

Perhaps if you download this zip file you can find what you need?  I'm not sure.  

https://github.com/Ultimaker/Cura/releases/tag/2.1.0

Thanks! Do you know anyone who can modify plugins for cura? Plugins in this release can also be extracted.

[translated by gr5]

@a5421306 - please stop posting in chinese.  This part of the forum is English only.

Well there is @ahoeben - he is a very good programmer and used to work for Ultimaker.  He has done significant modifications to cura before.  However I believe he is quite busy.  Also he would probably want quite a bit of money - like 100 euros per hour.

Also you are working with Cura 2.X which would be annoying as that is a very old version of Cura.

You might just want to try the latest version of Cura instead? If your particular printer isn't already part of the latest Cura list of printers you can usually just choose a generic printer and enter a few things like the print bed size and it usually just works.

Okay I think I understand your issue.  Finally.  You want to print SVG files of text.  You want to print signs.  And the latest cura doesn't read svg files.

However cura will print png files.  So here is what you do:

1) Convert your svg image to a png file.  You can do this with a screen capture or the software you used to create the svg file can output a png instead.  Choose resolution carefully.

2) Read the png file into cura and play with the settings to get the height and scale you want.

3) In cura settings set top/bottom to zero.  Disable infill.  Choose line width and wall settings carefully to make sure you get only one line width for your wall.

None of the 3 steps are particularly hard but you may have trouble at one or more steps.  Let me know if you get stuck.  There are youtube videos about this.  Search "how to 3d print an svg file".

非常感谢你,我的朋友