I can only correctly print 2 layers of my model

YenJiWai
Go to solution Solved by GregValiant,

Posted · I can only correctly print 2 layers of my model

What is a "BioActive Scaffold"?  (Please use short words.)

If you are trying to print a bunch of single extrusions in an alternating grid pattern then maybe printing a cube with "Lines" infill, no walls and no floor is what you need.  You can specify the distance between the infill lines.  You can also specify the angle of the lines.

A 0.4 nozzle with a 0.4 line width and a 0.4 layer height and the Infill Line Distance at .8 would look like what you have there.  With the Infill Flow at 78% (difference between the area of a .4 diameter and a .4 square) you might get round sausages stacked up with .8mm gaps between them.

image.thumb.png.e88eb30b8f1a07edc041556549b7b0b2.png

• Like 1

• Solution

That has to be in your settings.

Make sure you are in "Custom" so all settings are available.

To the right of the "Search Settings" box is an icon with three lines on it.  Click on that and set the visibility to "All".

Set the "Top Layers". "Bottom Layers", and "Initial Bottom Layers" to zero.

Please post your project file so we can see why it is printing the bottom layer.  Do "file" "save project as" and post the resulting file.  It will contain your STL model, your printer settings, your profile, and your individual overridden settings.

That way we can recreate exactly what you see.

It could be many things.   You may have "raft" turned on.  It may be that your STL file is slightly above the print bed.  It could be many other things as well.

Note also that your infill was parallel to your part initially and in a later post you are at 45 degrees to the cube.  There are many infill options to change the angle and use different infill patterns.