Distortion when using tough black PLA

Kyuho

Posted · Distortion when using tough black PLA

Hi, I am currently using Ultimaker S5 to print thin wall boxes using tough black PLA. 
I used the default setting in Cura, but I have always observed some distortion at the initial layers while the distortion disappears later. 
I attached the picture of my 3D-printed object below.

image.thumb.png.8cc5cbcb2324b87bf46f7a0f7235cfea.png

I also attached the .3mf file that I used to print the object. (Maybe a support option is not included) 

Can you help me solve this problem?

UMS5_122622.3mf

Posted · Distortion when using tough black PLA

Found the problem!!!  It's the bed temp.  Okay so this is a bug...

So you have the second core set to use ABS.  Even though it looks to me like you didn't assign the second printcore to any part.  And so there is a bug where instead of doing the normal buildplate temp of 60C it is choosing 85C.  Which is too hot for PLA (any kind of PLA - that is too hot).  So go back to the prepare tab, and disable the second printcore and reslice and you should be good.

Although, damn, almost 2 days to print that!  I don't have that kind of patience.  I would do an AA 0.8 printcore and set layer height to maybe .3mm.  .1mm is okay for small prints but this is pretty big.  some people hate layer lines but I prefer them.  Let's people know it was 3d printed.  those two changes alone gets it down to 12 hours.  I'd keep working on lowering that.