Is it possible to change the toolpath of the inner layer from the outer layer?

Posted · Is it possible to change the toolpath of the inner layer from the outer layer?

Dear,

I am trying to find out if a double layered model can have an inner layer with a different toolpath from the outer layer.

I could achieve this with a surface model but then I have to control the tolerances myself. changing for example layer width would require a change in the model.  That is why  I want to find out if it is possible to do this with an infill mesh in Cura.

1438272619_infilmesh.thumb.png.28436afc1f469e073f94b1520e0b15a6.png

picture 1: (2 models) - The rectangular model acts as an infill mesh.

problem.thumb.png.8978e9cc220d26db1bc9eb4a9af4d7f3.png

picture2: Showing what happens when sliced - The outer wall follows the same path as the inner wall.

problem2.thumb.png.cbf0032346e9486ba71138f733777142.png

Picture3: Showing what I would like to achieve - The outer wall follows the path of the main object - The inner wall follows the path of the infill mesh.

I hope to have informed enough for now! Please let me know if something like this is possible!

Thank you,

Posted · Is it possible to change the toolpath of the inner layer from the outer layer?

Oh.  Just set wall lines to 1 or 2 and it should be what you want.  You set walls to zero and that's why there is no outer wall.  So increase that value.

You can have a mesh modifier where the inside of the mesh is no different than the outside.  And you will still get what I think you want - those intruding walls to strengthen the part.