UM3 needs parts...?

Go to solution Solved by fbrc8-erin,

Posted · UM3 needs parts...?
So,  I ended up with a hand me down UM3,  that needed a bit of work.  (new LCD panel, among other things.   A friend with way more electrical experience then me, is working on it.   Apparently in the process,  he broke  the "encoder board",  while replacing the LCD Panel.   I am not sure if that means we need to get a whole new mother board,  or if the encoder was on a different board?  We think that this is the only problem with this machine at this point( again,  we THINK this is the last problem).  The machine came out of a school environment,  and probably has a lot of miles on it).   My question(s) are:
1) is it worth saving?    I think he said the new board would cost $200.
2) Are there other/better?  mother boards out there?   and if so,  what would be the benefit?

I am on a budget, but am really looking forward to getting this machine to work, as it is a considerable upgrade from my current printer.

Thank you for any advice!!

Mike

P.S.   Got a little more information:  was told it was not the motherboard...  but the "Encoder board",  and that he can not find where to get that part.  Would it be included if we found/bought a new mother board?

The board that sits in the front of the printer is called the USB Ulticontroller board, the part number is 1994 and any of your local resellers should be able to get that for you.

• Like 1

• Solution

@Dantan where are you located? 

If you're in the US, I've got it in stock and available to ship Monday: https://fbrc8.com/collections/ultimaker-3-spare-parts/products/usb-ulticontroller-display-board-um3-um3x

If you're elsewhere, as @IRobertI mentioned, any local reseller can get the part for you.

• Like 1