New user needs help setting up a donated Ultimaker 2 Go.

Posted · New user needs help setting up a donated Ultimaker 2 Go.

I am just getting started for the first time using a Ultimaker 2Go that was donated to our school. It appears to be in working condition but have not loaded any filament as yet.

Going thru the printer menu the version is Feb 19, 2015,  Ver_15.02.1go.

No memory card was provided so I cannot complete the printer startup procedure.

I do have a couple of stl files to print so I also need some help with that too.

Congratulations!  That version of the firmware should be fine.  The last 5 years or so there were no changes even though the version number kept going up.  If you do decide to update the firmware then get the tinkerGnome version as it has many more features.

I have 3 um2go's (and a UM3, UM2, and S5) and the "go"s are my most used printers.

Make sure you get 2.85/2.9/3mm filament and not 1.75mm filament.

Try to get as small an SD card as possible so 4GB to 32GB.  Higher than 32GB may or may not be recognized.

Before updating the firmware, go into the menus and write down the usage statistics (meters of filament printed, hours printed).

• Like 2

Hi there.

@gr5 said: "I have 3 um2go's (and a UM3, UM2, and S5) and the "go"s are my most used printers."

For sure, the UM2Go is the printer that does the high numbers of objects needed -the smaller objects that's always are needed by people.

Most of us know this, -and we do not understand why Ultimaker stopped producing this one -and there's still nothing that's matching the Go in mho.

Well, good luck with the printer.

Torgeir

I have created a Ultimaker account and have tried to register my printer. My printer s/n starts with "UM2GO" which does not agree with the required format. Any suggestions?

I don't now anything about registering.  I haven't registered any of my printers.

Do you have filament?  You can start off with some cheap PLA from eSun or Amazon.  Make sure it is NOT 1.75.  You want 2.85 or 3mm (3mm filament is actually 2.85).

You cant "register" an UltiMaker 2 GO, it is not supported by Digital Factory as it has no network connection.
    Additionally you really cant register it for any warranty as it is long since been discontinued.