API Questions

mbhsict

Posted · API Questions

I have been integrating the apis into a dashboard as we have multiple S5 Pro Bundles in different buildings on campus. This saves us a lot of time, knowing when firmware is available, status of the jobs, material station contents and general statistics on each printer. This includes whether or not maintenance is due by the "maintenance_required " flag from this api

http://IPADDRESS/cluster-api/v1/printers/

Two of our printers have flagged that maintenance was required, so I performed the tasks needed, and marked them off on the maintenance page (I have tried both the local page and the Digital Factory page, though UM have told me that they are totally independant) However the maintenance_required flag does not go back to false

I can see at this api /printers/{uuid}/maintenance/ that the tasks have been performed in the past few days, yet the 'required' flag doesnt change

The 2 printers I have seen this on so far are running 7.0.3.0 as I have found issues with crc errors on the network when I have upgraded to v8

I have noticed in v8 firmware that the /printers/{uuid}/maintenance/ api has been removed unfortunately.

Here is a snip of our dashboard for reference

Has anyone seen this before, or is there another way I can easily monitor the maintenance tasks on a single pane like this?

Thanks
Scott

Ultimaker.JPG

Posted · API Questions

think its a bug, looks like its only creating the cluster status on boot, after a reboot the flag has changed. I'll log it on the github page and reference where I may have interpreted the issue from. thanks

Posted · API Questions

Oh, right.  Damn.  My fault.  So @nallath where do we report firmware bugs?

I'm guessing you click on the 9 dots in the upper corner of this page, then click "support", then "submit a request" at the top of the screen.

• Like 1

Posted · API Questions

i've reported to Ultimaker Support, they said the API is not supported and to post here for help.

Perhaps i'll log it again with them as ive found its an issue with the firmware not the api as such, although that github page does contain the code for what seems like the UM S-Line firmware and api calls

Posted · API Questions

No it's for Cura.  The slicer.

Posted · API Questions

So I'm being told that the feature is in 7.X but gone in 8.X and because UM is moving in that direction they won't be fixing bugs in 7.X for features that are going away.

However I believe there is also an API for digital factory (DF) and this is probably all supported there now.  UM is moving towards DF (cloud based) versus local networking.  It's free for users and easier for the programmers to deal with evidently.

Of course the other option is to stay with the firmware that works for you.  Personally that would be my choice as it was a great printer years ago and was still a great printer with 7.X firmware.

Posted · API Questions

Well we were on 7.x until students and teachers hit the popup on screen to update the firmware. Another QOL improvement I have asked for - to block the notification about firmware.

Downgrade seems like its too involved for what its worth so we have 8.x on 2 machines now which has given us nothing but grief so far

Posted · API Questions

It sounds like you are pretty technical so I'd definitely do the downgrade.  I think you need to do the "firmware recovery" method.  But first you might want to put in some firewall rule to block those other machines from upgrading firmware.

https://community.ultimaker.com/topic/20024-recovering-a-bricked-um3s3s5/