ultimaker2 broken

skull

Posted · ultimaker2 broken

hello

I was in the process of a printed piece for abs, when suddenly there was a snap, the machine is put out and back on, and she remained in that position for printing.

When I éteinds and I ralume the machine turns on, the LEDs operate the fan nozzle works, but the screen remains black desperately.

by an nth testing, adjustment knob rotates in the now empty.

Upon receipt of my machine, a month ago, there were already a lot of games.

as default in the assembly??

Now I have no machine, and that after a month, I had fabricated parts for my personal business ....

What should be done ....

When will it be repaired??

for a machine 2400 USD

It sounds like it may be a problem with your power supply. Turn the machine off, and unplug the power supply. Wait half an hour (or longer if the blue light on power supply stays on longer), and then try again.

1) Contact ultimaker support at support.ultimaker.com

2) I don't understand if the clack is everytime or just sometimes. I don't understand if your screen is now working or not. Maybe you should provide a video of the current problem.

1) Contact ultimaker support at support.ultimaker.com

2) I don't understand if the clack is everytime or just sometimes. I don't understand if your screen is now working or not. Maybe you should provide a video of the current problem.

it is already done long ago, but still no response, they have so many problems with it their printers so they are overwhelmed?? . they were being send me spare parts and I replaced ..

I will be obliged bought another printer to continue working with businesses as their silence and lack of reactivity make me lose money ....

A video would be better. So it happens like this:

1) Everything normal, bed is heating up,

2) then suddenly a noise happens: "CLAC"

3) then display black but lights stay on

4) Nothing happens now - lights stay on, display off, turning wheel, pushing button does nothing

Is that it?

Send a message to Sander. Go here and tell him about your ticket:

http://umforum.ultimaker.com/index.php?/user/423-sandervg/

I would put the UM on it's side, remove BOTH covers and check the gray cables. Also get a multimeter and make sure 24V comes into the printer to make sure the power supply is delivering the full current. I suspect the black brick power supply.

I would start a print (on side - you can print sideways or upside-down) and measure the 24V with a meter - see if it drops to 23V just before the "CLAC".

Also I would try printing with the heated bed cold. Set heated bed temperature to 0C and see if it will start printing. If so then I think it's probably the black brick power supply.

You can print on cold glass or on blue tape while you wait for replacement parts:

http://umforum.ultimaker.com/index.php?/topic/3404-printing-on-glass/

how I did for print view I have no more screen?? therefore more accessible to anything

and "clac" this is not a once, which led to the micro cut

Support the answer is that it comes from the controller card that jumped to

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

" response of the support "

If you want you could check this yourself by removing the metal cover from the bottom (it's attached with 2 screws) and then check if the grey flat cables are still connected.

When one of them got loose you can of course put it back in again and check if it's working again after that. But if it's still not working I suppose that the electronics board from the controller is broken and needs to be replaced.

I'm not sure if you would feel comfortably replacing anything yourself, but if so I could send you the needed spare parts.

Thank you for your time and I'm looking forward to hear from you.

--

Kind regards / Met vriendelijke groet,

Marrit Hoffmans

Ultimaker

Non mais c'est bon j'ai ouvert le capot, vérifié que tout était bien connecté.... pas vue de tache sombre mais bon. Je ne vais pas passe mon temps non plus a dessoude tous les composant et les ressoude pour le plaisir non plus ......ça ne marche pas, si il ne sont sur de rien ils renvoie deux cartes et puis basta.....je ne vais pas passe un BTS électronique pour comprendre comment ça fonctionne non plus :(

Certes !

Je pensait que tu n'avais pas encore ouvert ! Sinon,oui, ils renvoient deux cartes et basta :)

Are you sure it is the 2 cards? I still think it is the black power supply. Can you please post a video of the problem?

It would be horrible to get 2 new cards, replace the cards, and still have the problem.

I think he wants to talk about the card 1 (below with drivers for stepper motors) and Map 2 which is associated with the screen.

However, the power supply may have failed.

Indeed, it would be horible reconnecting new cards and to have the problem.

/* ----------------------------------------------------------------------------- */

Je pense qu'il veut parlé de la carte 1 (en dessous avec les drivers de moteurs pas à pas) et la carte 2 qui est associé à l'écran.

Cependant, le bloc d'alimentation peut avoir échoué.

Effectivement, il serait horible de rebrancher des nouvelles cartes et d'avoir le problème.

good since the time GR5 breaks my feet with this video :) :)

bon depuis le temps que GR5 me casse les pieds avec ça video :) :)

Thanks for the video! It's probably one of the two boards! Or the 2 gray cables connecting them.

Please post in English in these forums, thanks (posting a translation to another language seems fine to me also - not sure on the rules of that).

Now what do I do?? support repond me once a week, I'm not ready to see her work train or things are going!!

Did you ask for 2 new boards from UM?

If it were me I would connect the USB cable and re-install the firmware - see if this is possible while the screen is black. This might fix the problem and also give me more information.

Also I would push on the button to see if it makes noises even though screen is black.

Also I would disconnect the 2 gray cables (both ends) and look for bent pins and push the cables back in again.

Also I would look for bad solder joints on both boards and reheat them. It is AMAZING how many problems can be fixed by simply reheating all the solder joints with a soldering iron.

Gray cables in upper right of this picture:

20130920_210529.jpg

Probably one of the gray cables came loose during shipping.

when I plug Ultimaker 2 on my pc it nothing happens when I run for cura installed the firmware, it asks me to connect the machine while it is

Is that the drivers are installed?

where driver ?

The drivers Arduino proposed installation of Cura!

ok I reinstalle cura

it does not work malgres all my attempts, installation and reinstallation, the machine is not recognized, it always asks me connected, while the driver is installed, and after many reboutes the PC and the machine

So your main card is roasted!