I cant find my printer on Ultimaker Cura

ozzysama

Posted · I cant find my printer on Ultimaker Cura

You should email Creality and have them add the NEO to the list!  Seriously.  I get pretty annoyed that Creality doesn't update Cura promptly and instead they really drag their feet.  In fact I suspect that most of those in the list are done by selfless users of the printer and not Creality itself.  I really don't know.  But anyone can create and add a printer and the Cura team will include it in the next release (which are frequent).  No charge.  No problem.

Anyway, for now you probably want to use one of the other's.  @Slashee_the_Cow or @GregValiant might know which and if you have to customize anything.

• Like 1

Posted · I cant find my printer on Ultimaker Cura

If you want to get printing then use the closest definition to your printer.  The definition files start with the standard "fdmprinter.def.json" then go through "creality_base.def.json" and finally to the specific printer.  99% of the settings are available in Cura, the definition files just give some defaults.  In the "Machine Settings" under "Manage Printers" you'll find pretty much all you need to get going.  The StartUp G-Code might need to be tweaked if you have ABL and the definition file you use doesn't have the G29/M420 commands in it.  That's easy to get help for.  @Slashee_the_Cow has a newer machine and would know something about that.

Posted (edited) · I cant find my printer on Ultimaker Cura
    4 hours ago, GregValiant said:

@Slashee_the_Cow has a newer machine and would know something about that.

Screw the newer machine (Ender-3 V3 SE), I had an Ender-3 V2 Neo until some dodgy filament killed it.

The Neo is the same basic machine with a few of the most common upgrades added (dual gear extruder, couple of others, but more importantly, ABL).

You just need to change the startup gcode (it's in the machine settings):

image.thumb.png.a6a36f06fbcfa6284c8d24248a12b1a0.png

The default code is:

; Ender 3 Custom Start G-code
    G92 E0 ; Reset Extruder
    G28 ; Home all axes
    G1 Z2.0 F3000 ; Move Z Axis up little to prevent scratching of Heat Bed
    G1 X0.1 Y20 Z0.3 F5000.0 ; Move to start position
    G1 X0.1 Y200.0 Z0.3 F1500.0 E15 ; Draw the first line
    G1 X0.4 Y200.0 Z0.3 F5000.0 ; Move to side a little
    G1 X0.4 Y20 Z0.3 F1500.0 E30 ; Draw the second line
    G92 E0 ; Reset Extruder