Posted (edited) · Help?

Hello, I've been printing for about 4 months now and have my machine pretty well dialed in (Ender 3 neo and Max Neo) I'm having an issue where there's one spot on my prints that is a little goofy on multiple pieces that fall on the same spot of my bed, pic attached. Could anyone shed some light as to what may be happening? As you can see, it prints fine, does it's little whacky thing then goes right back to normal, every time.

IMG_20231230_092833217.jpg

IMG_20231230_135713025.jpg

Edited by Troycrawford73
Spelling

1) Make sure "retract on layer change" is off.

2) Also in PREVIEW mode, step through the extrusions one at a time and see exactly what is happening at this corner.  Maybe even look at it with the repetier host gcode viewer.  It's free and highlights every extrusion and movement with it's associated gcodes.

3) Do you have "coasting" enabled?

4) Is this happening right after layer change?  If so maybe print outer walls last?  Maybe you already are.

I found a lot of the time when I had this sort of problem on my E3V2 Neo (okay when I say it like that it sounds like it overstates the problem, it didn't happen too often) that making sure the belts were correctly tensioned and that the wheels on the Z axis gantry were at the correct tension.

In this case I'd guess it's either the X or Y belt (depending on which direction it's going) possibly being a bit loose and the print head zooms off a bit faster than it should (especially if it's at the Z seam).

Posted · Help?

I don't know how to reply to you guys individually but I do not have coasting on and will check my retraction at layer change, that one seems like it would make sense. I did also check my belts when I noticed it on the first piece. It is happening on the side that doesn't have the z screw and I've been contemplating adding the extra z screw to fix crealitys sagging problem. Thank you guys very much for the input, I will check some things out and update in a couple days, you guys were MUCH more help than the expletives on Reddit.

14 hours ago, Troycrawford73 said:

It is happening on the side that doesn't have the z screw and I've been contemplating adding the extra z screw to fix crealitys sagging problem.

I wish I could tell you how effective that is but even though the E3V2 Neo was basically just an E3V2 with the most common mods preinstalled (metal dual wheel extruder, better screen?, touch sensor, etc.) the second Z screw wasn't one of them.

But I did find getting the wheels on that end of the gantry at juuuuuuust the right amount of tightness (use a couple of fingers and push it, it should rock and forth a teeny bit but you shouldn't be able to move it without using a lot more force) was important. It did take me many more pancaked prints than I care to admit to realise the wheels on that side were too tight.

I do love how Creality half-arsed the second Z screw on the E3V3SE though: it doesn't have its own motor, it's driven by a belt which runs behind the top bar of the frame. Does it help? Well the main problems I've had with mine have been the Z axis not moving while a hot nozzle burns a hole straight through the top layer of the build plate to the magnetic sheet below.