I have a question about my ender 3 printing

Posted · I have a question about my ender 3 printing

I have a question on how to fix this .

It's got holes in the top and sides but not on the bottom the green is by PLA I have tried heat between 190 -220 with beds between 40-60.

Then using ABS between 210 -240 and bed between 100-115

Picture in blue is ABS .

Any help as at my age not to savy on technology 

20240114_195909.jpg

17052780990101259053328375331401.jpg

17052781543178975684763145942213.jpg

All of those prints are severly underextruded.  This is most likely a printer issue.  Underextrusion is a common problem with many printers.  I only know how to fix them for Ultimaker printers.

2 minutes ago, dave1956 said:

I have an ender 3 printer. Plus what you said is a bit double dutch to me as I thought it was hot enough 

Extrusion isn't about heat (well, not just about it - there's a lot of factors).

• Make sure the wheel/s on the extruder aren't too tight (they should put up some resistance, but if they're too tight to turn properly it won't be feeding enough).
    • Check to see if the filament spool can rotate freely.
    • Make sure you're using the correct diameter filament.
    • See if the nozzle and/or hot end are clogged. Clogged nozzles aren't uncommon (and are easy to fix, if you have a replacement nozzle, I think most Ender-3 series printers come with one).

There's also a ton of settings in Cura that will affect it, but by default I think they're mostly or all hidden. If you could upload your project (.3mf file, in Cura get it ready to print then go to File > Save Project) we can see if all the settings are alright. As a general rule, unless you know what you're doing and why you're doing it, if you see "flow" in a setting name, don't change it.

considering the level of issues.. i would look at hardware issues before issues in Cura.. 
    Exception would be if cura is set to 2.85mm for the filament.. otherwise.. this is hardware.

My two cents, Looks like under extrusion to me as well. Go to youtube and find a video on how to calibrate the extruder on an Ender 3. They one this is done you may also want to find a video on how to calibrate the PID of your hot end. Then retry your prints. Good luck.

Carl