S5 has constant auto bed leveling issues

Posted · S5 has constant auto bed leveling issues

Hi @madmax21,

Just been thinking about your noise problem at between (30-60), -as this is way to high there must be a reason for this high levels. This as you tried to disconnect the front fan with no reduction in noise.

Just come to think that, -if the ground wire become open there will be lot's of noise present, this as the hot end for the capacitor will acts more like an antenna for any kind of noise/signal present close here.

Another question are, could the wires + and - become swapped??  I'll ask this because the ground lips holding down the captive sensor board are not grounded, -but this point is a floating ground..  So, much more noise also here..

Have you observed that the wires to the front fan are twisted some?

This twisting are used to reduce noise from the high freq power supply inside the fan, that's often spread noise via the power feeding wires. This is an old tech to reduce magnetic interference (EMI).

To further put the question about this noise, could it be something else? As a faulty filter in the main power supply?

In case someone have noted that there are five connecting pins(fingers) to the heat cores, you're right and this fifth wire is used for the heat core S/N and time used (primary).

I cant see any reason to change the main PCB.. 🙂

Torgeir

• Like 1

Hello,

Where is this ground wire?
Also I tried to disconnect fans, no change. 

The problem started after I changed the AA core to CC core. Mechanically I did not touch the printer before.

Anyway, I disabled the auto leveling function, but now I can not calibrate YX so not the best solution. 

Hi @madmax21

When you open the front door in order to change a nozzle, you'll see the two wires red and white connected to the captive sensor board. The White colored wire is per definition the ground, -however, when measuring a capacitor we're always

using alternating current (A/C).

Inside_Head_BB.thumb.jpg.9c21602e8ecc42ffbc26af7c5a882967.jpg

There might be a tiny breakage in any of the two wires, but such a small opening can still be good enough for the system to not detect any error..

(We've seen that those two wires may break after some time of use, some break close to the connector and some inside the insulation.)

The connector J7 on the PCB inside the head are used for the captive Sensor board, pin 1 are the red wire and pin 2 are the withe wire. This Withe wire are connected to the shielded metal frame using the two clip holding down the "captive sensor board".

Disconnect P7 from J7 (mounted on PCB)

Use a multi meter set to ohms (beep mode also known as diode mode). Measure between pin 1 on P7 and the pin marked sensor on the sensor board, here you must measure continuity. Move the test stick from sensor to shield (Still holding the other test stick at pin 1 of P7), here there should be no connection or open circuit as we also use to say.

Then make the same measurement between pin 2 on P7 and the shield pin on the sensor board - here for continuity.

Last for continuity between the shield and the metal frame (this is the point that is earthed only via shield, hence floating earth)

I cannot se any reason for the new CC to blame, except for that fact those new CC cores are just upgraded to 30 W heater but this should normally not be any problem for a S5.

Also been thinking about trying a factory reset, sometime this work and sometimes not. Maybe you've done this already?

Torgeir

• Like 1

Hello @Torgeir,

I tried factory reset. 
    Today I will make this measurement. This is the best advice to check something until now.

In this moment I am using the printer with deactivated auto leveling.
    I don't know why ultimaker dose not give more flexibility in firmware setting, and printer control. It should bi like a CNC machine. To have control on each setting and so on. 

• 2 weeks later...