Hanami Figure 3d model bisected and scaled up to work as helmet. Cura keeps saying there are errors. please help

Posted · Hanami Figure 3d model bisected and scaled up to work as helmet. Cura keeps saying there are errors. please help

This is not my model, it was originally for a small figure. My husband isolated the head and I scaled it to his measurements. Cura keeps giving warnings about it. I have tried the object data properties, remeshing with fix poles checked and it turns it into nothing usable. I even used the windows 3d builder to "fix" the shells that I isolated and it really disfigures the shape. Is this thing even usable? Also, I am 1 week on learning about blender and any of this stuff. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Hanami's head scaled on its own legit legit.stl

Posted · Hanami Figure 3d model bisected and scaled up to work as helmet. Cura keeps saying there are errors. please help

Can you post your STL as it stands at this point?

There are some free services that can try to repair your STL.  You could also search on youtube for "blender make my model manifold".  Manifold is the more common word used to describe what you want.  In addition to makeing the part manifold/water tight, you have to get the normals correct.  The normals in the STL tell cura which side of each triangle is *inside* the part and which side faces air.  Maybe reading this will help?

https://www.sculpteo.com/en/tutorial/prepare-your-model-3d-printing-blender/

Some auto repair services:

Cura has an amazing plugin to test your model to see if something is wrong with it and can repair a very few of the many potential problems:
    In the upper right corner of Cura click "marketplace" and make sure you are on the "plugins" tab and install "Mesh Tools".  Then restart Cura.  Now right click on your model, choose "mesh tools" and first choose
    "check mesh", then "fix model normals" and "fix simple holes" to see if that helps.  Cura doesn't fix most issues so...

netfabb free repair service is here (you have to create a free account first):
    https://service.netfabb.com/login.php

Here's another service - drag and drop mesh repair service:
    https://3d-print.jomatik.de/en/index.php

Some people recommend tinkercad - it's free - you import your stl into tinkercad and then export it to a new stl and tinkercad will fix many issues.

• Like 1
    • Heart 1

Posted (edited) · Hanami Figure 3d model bisected and scaled up to work as helmet. Cura keeps saying there are errors. please help

Hi 

Thank you for sharing all of this. I followed the tutorial and seperated the head into 4 parts. I fixed the eyes; making it non manifold. But for the other pieces it added (filled them). Since this is a helmet, this ruins the object.

I read up on resseting the normals, and did this for both outside and inside and still it fills. I also have issue with the objects having many zero faces, and while I tried to fix it for the eyes, it really took away a lot of the details.

Ive also repviously used the cura mesh tools and it says that it wasn't able to fix all the issues

Thank you for any help you can offer

I've attached all stls

On 3/30/2024 at 10:17 PM, gr5 said:

Can you post your STL as it stands at this point?

There are some free services that can try to repair your STL.  You could also search on youtube for "blender make my model manifold".  Manifold is the more common word used to describe what you want.  In addition to makeing the part manifold/water tight, you have to get the normals correct.  The normals in the STL tell cura which side of each triangle is *inside* the part and which side faces air.  Maybe reading this will help?

https://www.sculpteo.com/en/tutorial/prepare-your-model-3d-printing-blender/

Some auto repair services:

Cura has an amazing plugin to test your model to see if something is wrong with it and can repair a very few of the many potential problems:
    In the upper right corner of Cura click "marketplace" and make sure you are on the "plugins" tab and install "Mesh Tools".  Then restart Cura.  Now right click on your model, choose "mesh tools" and first choose
    "check mesh", then "fix model normals" and "fix simple holes" to see if that helps.  Cura doesn't fix most issues so...

netfabb free repair service is here (you have to create a free account first):
    https://service.netfabb.com/login.php

Here's another service - drag and drop mesh repair service:
    https://3d-print.jomatik.de/en/index.php

Some people recommend tinkercad - it's free - you import your stl into tinkercad and then export it to a new stl and tinkercad will fix many issues.

REPAIRED Hanami's backpiece.stl REPAIRED Hanami's EYES.stl REPAIRED Hanami's front face.stl REPAIRED Hanami's teeth.stl

Edited by dijah1781