reassembly of the nozzle after unclog

Posted · reassembly of the nozzle after unclog

Hello,

I had to remove the nozzle from the aluminium heater in order to clean and unclog it.

Now i am trying to put it back but i cannot get it to fit into the aluminium block. There is a 1mm gap between the aluminium and the nozzle.

What should I do to get it back in place ?

thank you for your help !

First check that there isn't any PLA in there that is preventing you from tightening it. If there is, try heating it up and remove as much as you can and then, while it's still hot, try tightening the parts together again.

If it isn't old PLA getting in the way then perhaps the brass tube has gotten screwed in a bit too far. Back it out a few turns, then screw on the nozzle tight and finally tighten the brass tube back up so that it connects with the nozzle. It should look like this when you're done:

http://wiki.ultimaker.com/Ultimaker_rev.4_assembly:_Extrusion_head#Lets_start.21

I did not manage to make the nozzle touch the aliminium :(

what should I do ?

Ok I got it :)

thank you for the help

After cleaning the nozzle one more time I finally managed to make it ! :)

I always assemble and disassemble at 180C. It means I have to use tools instead of my fingers but that always works best for me.

I am printing again ! :)