Arrrggghh Bits missing

jonomc

Posted · Arrrggghh Bits missing

5/6 of the way through my UM build to find that the parts for the drive bolt assembly are missing. :( Contacted Ultimaker support but no reply so far. Anyone know where I can source a knurled drive bolt or a hack to get round it?

"Forget it if it happens once. If it happens twice, it's a question. If it happens three times, it's an answer..." Peter Sauber, former head of the Sauber Formula 1 team about technical problems. Could be extended to missing parts maybe?

Hi Jono,

I also just replied to you through the wiki and you will receive a reply shortly from my colleagues.

I have also notified our outbound operator about the missing part, the fact it happened twice.

You should receive your missing part asap.

Thank you for notifying us about this!

• Still not got the missing parts
    • No reply from UM to 8 emails and 4 tickets.
    • Getting loads of hassle from my boss about the fact I should be modifying this PoC to continue the project and how the project is falling behind.

REALLY UNHAPPY CUSTOMER!!!!!!!!!

Hi Jonomc,

Thank you for your post.

I will look into why you have not received it and where it is now.

My apologies for the inconvenience.

I totally understand you want to ventilate your frustration, but sending the same email in ten-fold will not get

you a faster reply. Actually, on the contrary because our communication inbox system is based on 'last activity'- parameters.

I will look into it and get back with you shortly, thanks again for notifying us about it!

So you get your emails, you just choose to ignore them!

So you get your emails, you just choose to ignore them!

Obviously no. But I have searched your name in our ticket system and that is how I know.

I will get back with you shortly about your support order, thank you for your time!

I will get back with you shortly about your support order

17 hours later... :mellow:

After spending my time (unpaid) making a knurled bolt, I now find that the small bearing is missing from my kit! :mad: seriously UM do you just fling the bits at a box and what sticks you post out?

Can anyone advise me on the UM returns policy?

That's the second time that has happened in just two days. Hmm... I'll see if I can get some eyes on this.

Most of the "discount with Doodle3D" orders got send out the last 2 weeks, explaining the larger amount of support issues on them.

While the people handling logistics do their best to make sure every kit is complete, sometimes they are not. Resulting in missing bits. A support order and a bit of patience will fix this for free.

Most of the "discount with Doodle3D" orders got send out the last 2 weeks, explaining the larger amount of support issues on them.

While the people handling logistics do their best to make sure every kit is complete, sometimes they are not. Resulting in missing bits. A support order and a bit of patience will fix this for free.

I placed my order in February... how much do you think is my lack of "patience" and how much is your total incompetence?

While I can completely understand your disappointment (I had the same bad luck with exactly the same missing parts), insulting the people that are trying to help you (or at least reassure you that the problem will be fixed) won't get you much nearer to a solution.

As I've said before, it took UM support about a week to supply me with the missing parts - I suspect that it won't take them much longer to ship them to you. I know, it's bad to have to wait for the parts, though if you can't afford to wait, the remaining https://github.com/Ultimaker/UltimakerOriginal/blob/master/1143_Feeder_Spring_D2110/B1143-Z1P-A.PDF?raw=true, https://github.com/Ultimaker/UltimakerOriginal/blob/master/1142_Ball_Bearing_693ZZ/B1142-Z1P-A.PDF?raw=true, M8 washers and M8 nut should be easier to source than the knurled bolt you already have replicated.

Hope you're able to print soon!

Hi Jonomc,

I have send you a DM.

Well done, you've managed to mess this up as well!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can you tell me who you addressed the package to and where you sent it?