Ordering from Ulitmaker is getting really bad

Posted · Ordering from Ulitmaker is getting really bad

Ordering from Ultimaker is really getting problematic. To the point that I'm not longer ordering items from them.

I ordered a fan pack, thermocouple sensor & transmitter TEN days ago. Opened a ticket to get the status and got some response:

"I have send your request to our logistic department.

They will ship your order shortly."

I still haven't received a shipment notification.

I'm now at the point that I'm ordering knock-offs from e-bay for various parts because I don't want to do business with UM any longer.

That's bad when you drive customers to the point of no longer wanting to give you money.

Well looks like they have a lot of orders to handle. Which is good, means business is doing very well and Ultimaker will flourish and grow, but not optimal if the customer isn´t satisfied. Right now they want to hire a logistics manager, so hopefully it will get better soon.

https://www.ultimaker.com/pages/company/jobs

Well looks like they have a lot of orders to handle. Which is good, means business is doing very well and Ultimaker will flourish and grow, but not optimal if the customer isn´t satisfied. [/url]

I want to question that statement... As someone who has been following the forums for quite some time I have seen a serious increase in unsatisfied customers due to various cases of UM not having been able to keep their logistics together after the release of UM2.

It is coming to the point where people go to the forums before ordering, see all the negative posts, and go for another make and model... which frankly, as things are right now, they should... there are plenty of alternatives out there, and they are getting more and cheaper with each day people are sitting around waiting for UM to get their s*** together...

Adding the problems with the UM2 feeder failing and slipping filament, only makes matters worse...

I had to learn it first...learn to understand that I my UM2 at a still very young and small producer have bought.

So if a very high demand, over a longer period, then it can very quickly become a major problem for all concerned.

In fact, had and still has, the UM2 tremendous start problems and existing:

Logistics errors, assembly errors, missing accessories, design flaws, as well as an obvious weakness of the material feeder. It may no longer be the talk of 3 to 5 units affected UM2. Without being able to give an exact percentage figure, I now think that it is at least a two-digit number seems to act. Ultimaker has this Problems deal, in all kinds of directions, and that's pretty hard to almost impossible.

Nobody is forced to buy at Ultimaker. There is almost always an opportunity to adequately inform themselves in advance about possible problems.

Since my time of just over four months here in the forum, I see hundreds of times more user- / beginner-errors. For many here Ultimaker is the first printer in the household. Even for me it is the very first 3D printer. It then goes very quickly once something breaks, and then replacement parts are required.

I actually wait even longer for a new Bowden plus 2 rolls of filament. I can only say that everyone has to get his things and no one is preferred / was.

Love it or leave it...

Markus

My issue is that I like the UM1. It performs well. Most of the people here are nice and want to help and Sander does his best to help people with orders.

So I want to support UM and buy from them.

However, I just can't wait weeks for parts and orders to be filled and have to send e-mail and tickets over and over again. It's particularly frustrating that they take the money upfront....

My issue is that I like the UM1. It performs well. Most of the people here are nice and want to help and Sander does his best to help people with orders.

However, I just can't wait weeks for parts and orders to be filled and have to send e-mail and tickets over and over again. It's particularly frustrating that they take the money upfront....

I like the UM1 too, and I want to keep liking Ultimaker as a company... It was my printer of choice, and has been the printer and company I have recommended to other people asking into, and wanting to get into 3D printing.

However, for all of the different problems with UM right now, I'm not sure I would recommend anyone to buy the UM2, and I think thats a damn shame...

UM is NOT the first small company that has experienced success, and have had to grow and expand with increasing popularity and demand.. There are ways and methods of dealing with that...

I totally agree with you.

Filling orders on time is a pretty basic business practice. It's that simple. If UM wants the support of their loyal customers, they need to support these loyal customers.

Cheers!