arduino board not recognized

fran

Posted · arduino board not recognized

arduino board defectdevice managerscreenshot3screenshot2screenshot4

Hi everyone,

I just finished assembling my new Ultimaker 1, when I discoverd that it won't get recognized by my computer (Windows 7). Tried other machines as well, still got the same error code #43.

However, there is a green and an amber LED lighting up when the board is connected via USB.

Installing the arduino.inf driver also did not work.

Is it really a defective board or could something else be the cause? I already waited soooo long for the kit to be delivered....

Many thanks in advance for your tips!

Cheers,

Fran

Unplug the Arduino, install Cura 14.03 (which you need anyway as it is the best slicer software) including the Arduino drivers and then connect the Usb line to the printer again.

Thanks for the quick reply.

I did this already, unfortunately though it still didn't work. Just found out that even on a computer of a friend of mine (who works with arduino boards and who's got the arduino software installed) this particular board doesn't get recognized.

Seems like I really have to get it replaced. And I just can't wait to finally start working with the machine... Does anyone know how long such a replacement might take?

Cheers,

Fran

If your friend works with Arduinos, maybe he has a spare one that he can lend you in the mean time? There's nothing special about the one that comes with the Ultimaker, it's an Arduino Mega 2560 IIRC.

So the solution is to change the arduino?

But why everything seems to work on my ultimaker 2! I just can't upgrade it.... could be something about the driver instead?

Hi Simon,

I found the culprit eventually - the USB cable was defect!

Since the cable was transmitting power, the LED's on the board lit up and I suspected nothing. However the data transfer was broken, thus the board would not get recognized by any computer (I tried four different operating systems and two laptops...)

Lesson learned - always check the cable ;)

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Fran

PS: you can read the whole story in this thread: http://umforum.ultimaker.com/index.php?/topic/5530-cant-connect-to-cura-via-usb-please-help-solved/

Hi Simon,

I found the culprit eventually - the USB cable was defect!

Since the cable was transmitting power, the LED's on the board lit up and I suspected nothing. However the data transfer was broken, thus the board would not get recognized by any computer (I tried four different operating systems and two laptops...)

Lesson learned - always check the cable ;)

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Fran

PS: you can read the whole story in this thread: http://umforum.ultimaker.com/index.php?/topic/5530-cant-connect-to-cura-via-usb-please-help-solved/

Thanks for this!

I just bought an Arduino Due and connected it to my pc but it wouldn't get recognized both by Ubuntu and Windows and then I read your comment about the cable. The cable I used was brand new so I thought it would be good, guess it wasn't.. So I tried another one and it worked. Thanks!

hi i have a same problem(think)

i have now finish my UM1 and i have at home only a funduino,is a not original arduino..

im install cura,latest version and old version,im go to first run,(set a com,speed at 115200)it install a firmware,but in the second step,at test connections,temperaure and more,it not go over,it wait for connection,no more...

im test arduino if run,remove from printer board(im buy this kit on ebay auction number 151256292420) im remove from board,test blink program,it run ok,non problem of load program...

is possible for you help me ??

thanks and best regards

Hi at all..im now insert a arduino mega original,new,buy today...

not change nothing.....same problem,same none !!!

you have a idea for me ??

unfortunately the seller answere at my "SOS"

it write me that:

"Thank you for your query. To be honest, this ultimaker 1.5.7 is an upgrade version. The connectors are different with the original one. If you are not familar with ultimaker, I do not suggest you buy it. On the other hand, I would like to know some more details about your connection problem. Do you see any error message?"

im think for solve my problem,i have 2 road....1rewrite in my firmware the exact pin 2 search a firmware for this board....

but i have one question.....the other people if buy that board...have same my roblem ??