Very unhappy with service - solved -

abacchus

Posted · Very unhappy with service - solved -

I'im very unhappy with the service from Ultimaker. I had ordered an ultimaker 2 printer and 3 filament spools. I received the machine but none of the spools I ordered. I contacted them several times and they said they would look into it and I never heard back from ultimaker. my brother and I have tried over and over to contact ultimaker and they stopped responding. I paid for these items and its been close to a month now that I still have not received them. I don't think I will be using ultimaker again.

I'm sorry to hear that you've been having these difficulties. I'll make some enquiries with the support folks on your behalf, and hopefully they can finally get you a resolution. However, it's now quite late on Friday evening in the Netherlands, and Easter too, so it might be into next week before you hear much back.

Hi,

Yes I have been sending emails too to ultimaker too with no reply. I ordered my machine January and with spool of abs white and black and never received the white. Also told the user manual front page was damaged and never got a replacement.

Now my ultimaker II is stopping whilst printing saying : heat bed sensor error all the time now and therefore cannot print. I received my machine first week april so only 3 weeks old.

Emailed last Monday and also Thursday but no reply still. In the mean time will stare at my machine at this cannot be used..

Disappointed with service from ultimaker must say had I known would have bought a different machine...

Regards,

Andrew.

Im guessing Sander or Marrit will pop there nose into this tread today and see what they can do.

But its sad to hear how things are turning out for you ! Shouldnt be like this ! as I always say THE CUSTOMER IS KING and for a company basing its success on word of mouth.. things can go south much quicker than they think...

Ian :-)

Hi all,

Thank you all for your feedback on the forum.

My apologies if any of you have still have some parts missing from their original order.

For a while we have had some difficulties with the filaments we had on stock.

We kept sending out the Ultimaker because we did not want people to wait for their Ultimaker any longer then possible.

You can imagine, over a period of several weeks this results in quite some back orders and documentation.

We are shipping out back orders based on first in first out, if you still have some filaments missing please send me your order number and I would be happy to check the status and set the wheels in motion so you would have your missing reels asap.

@ Abdel, I see you have been in touch with my colleague and within communication is a gap of 2 weeks.

In your latest email you say to have send several emails with pictures however I see now trace of these.

Perhaps the attachments were too big and they did not come through?

Anyway, my apologies for the inconvenience. If you could send me your order number in a DM I can look into your order and work towards a solution for you asap. Thank you.

@ Andrew, I see right after your post you have been in touch with Marrit and she is going to ship you a replacement heated bed. Please keep me posted if you have any further questions or if you need any further help.

@ Eldrick, thank you for your reminder. Today I will come back with you with a solution for your glass plate.

I understand the frustration because it took a couple of days longer then I initially figured. My apologies for the inconvenience.

Hopefully with these efforts your needs will be met and everyone can continue their happy printing-time!

I would like to thank Ultimaker for sending me out all the spare parts they suspected would be the problem (In fact they were right) and these got here in just two days for my machine including a new Heat bed and cable. I replaced the heat bed and machine is working and running smooth and perfectly.

ABS white also received.

Great stuff!!

Thanks and regards,

Andrew.

she is going to ship you a replacement heated bed

That's too bad as it is incredibly easy to fix and you don't have to wait 3 days.

That's too bad as it is incredibly easy to fix and you don't have to wait 3 days.

Although you might be completely right about the easiness of the repair, I think UM is doing the right thing when sending replacement parts to UM2 customers who are in general not tinkerers.

My machine failed once again. Already second heatbed and they quoted me €150.00 to replace which I wont accept for sure.

How do you suggest I fix my headbed please as I've been waiting for an answer for 4 weeks now ?

Thanks..

WAIT - WHAT IS YOUR FAILURE?

BELOW ASSUMES YOU GET NO ERRORS BUT IT DOESN'T HEAT UP.

If you get errors then it's the sensor which is the smaller 2 cables. Sensor should measure about 108 ohms at room temperature.

You need 2 things:

1) Soldering iron

2) Someone with experience using the soldering iron. The more experience the better.

It's really quite easy. I've fixed mine. Other's have fixed theirs. Start by removing the 3 screws with springs and the 2 screws holding the heater cable. Take the heated bed out and examine the wires where they go into the screw-down connector. Make sure the wires are tight - you might simply need to tighten one or more of these screws. You might not need to solder at all.

I would then get out an ohm meter and check the cabling. The resistance of the bed is about 2 ohms but if it fails the resistance will be probably infinite ohms (or at least 10 ohms). If you don't have an ohm meter you can just assume it is the solder. There are 4 pads - reheat the larger 2. You have to get them quite hot because there is a lot of metal inside to heat up. Push solder against the pads - when they are hot enough they will melt the solder. You need to know what a "cold solder joint" looks like (cold solder joint is bad). Try google images.

more info here:

http://umforum.ultimaker.com/index.php?/topic/3735-a-fix-for-ultimaker-2-heated-bed-not-working/

http://umforum.ultimaker.com/index.php?/topic/4944-soldering-the-buildplate-on-the-ultimaker-2/

UM2 loose cable causing No heating

Even if you cause severe damage it's not too hard to fix:

build plate connection