Altering default build plate temp

truckle

Posted · Altering default build plate temp

It may be that I'm missing something basic, but how do you alter the build plate temp and get it to become the default? My temp is set at 75, I alter it to 60 but at the next print it's back to 75. I've tried to go down to led settings and saving but it still resets to 75 each time.

On the printer before you start the print go into MATERIAL > SETTINGS > CUSTOMIZE. Keep all of the settings for the material you are using but change the build plate temp and then store as preset.

After you hit save or whatever there is a non-obvious step where you have to select PLA again.

Not only that, but it is kind of buggy in the original firmware so you might want the latest firmware which comes with the latest Cura. With older firmware, after saving PLA settings you have to change the LED settings and then maybe power cycle? It took my about 10 tries. With the newer firmware you just have to know about the last step where you select PLA.

• Like 1

You can also use the process above to change the settings of the Default ABS and PLA choices.

IIRC, this option did not seem to appear until I had created two new custom Settings - Custom1 and Custom2. After that, the Customize feature allowed me to save my changes over the ABS and PLA Settings.

this option did not seem to appear until I had created two new custom Settings

Seems unlikely but I don't have any evidence to contradict you. I just remember it took me about 30 tries with that stupid menu to get it to finally work. I also created a custom1 and custom2 which I don't use anymore as I just use PLA setting now. Finding the easter egg was easier than getting this to work.