Error building Ultimaker2Marlin

kevin-osborn

Posted · Error building Ultimaker2Marlin

Hi gang, I built the firmware from source a while ago, and wanted to try the latest, and after modifying my makefile, I get this linker error:

C:Ultimaker2MarlinMarlin>make build

CXX applet/Marlin.elf

applet/SdFile.o:(.rodata._ZTV6SdFile+0x8): undefined reference to `Print::write(

unsigned char const*, unsigned int)'

make: *** [applet/Marlin.elf] Error 1

Did I miss something?

(btw, I'm pointing to a copy of arduino022 for build)

Sorry I can't answer you question directly. However, I can tell you that I used the Arduino IDE to rebuild the UM version of marlin (found on the UM open source page) without a problem. There is a pde you can open to build it in the IDE,

You might give that a try.

Hmmm, not sure what you mean. I just unzipped the Arduino IDE, open up the marlin pde, changing configuration.h and upload.

I guess I don't understand why you are modifying the standard libraries. In fact, I believe the arduino IDE zip comes with everything you need and should only use the libraries from within it.

I'm talking Windows 7 so that might be the difference.

I guess I don't understand why you are modifying the standard libraries. In fact, I believe the arduino IDE zip comes with everything you need and should only use the libraries from within it.

The Arduino IDE always defines the TWI interrupt, however the UM2 firmware needs to have this interrupt to it's own use. (For performance reasons)

Kevin, I recommend pointing at an Arduino 1.0.1, and the Makefile might be missing bits&pieces. I'm using a Code::Blocks project to build the firmware myself.

Woot! Thanks David, that did the trick. Apparently Arduino-022 doesn't work anymore

As I stand before the same issue: Did I get you guys right there is no way to compile it with the Arduino IDE? I tried 1.0.5 and failed.

Does anyone have a working cbp file?

FWIW, I'm compiling it from the make file using the 1.0.5 libraries, basically using the same method as I outlined http://www.extrudable.me/2013/05/03/building-marlin-from-scratch/, for the Ultimaker Original firmware.

I use the Makefile build. http://goo.gl/xSQnbc is my latest; it works with arduino 1.0.1 and firmware version 14.06.1 and 14.06.2. (Just noticed I need to update the arduino version comment at the top -- that'll be in my next pull request to Daid.)

I'm using Linux, but don't know of any reason why it shouldn't work on other platforms. Since Daid doesn't use the Makefile, I intend to keep this updated in https://github.com/stevegt/Ultimaker2Marlin, and expect to continue forwarding pull requests upstream to Daid.

I found a work-around with the Arduino IDE 1.0.5. I just moved the wire library into another folder where the IDE doesn't find it for compiling the fw.