Abs printing

Posted · Abs printing

Shouldn't be a problem, though probably worth noting that unless you find a consumer grade printer with a heated enclosure, any 3D printer that can handle ABS and has a heated bed is going to give you fairly similar performance regarding warping.

UM2 will just give better quality and usability.

Posted · Abs printing

How well does the printer make ABS prints with regard to warping?

I only tried once.

With PLA and UM2 I print direct onto the hot glass (60-75c) and it sticks well. I only get warping with PLA with a large base print and thicker material around the edges (a thin print doesn't warp).

I tried the same thing with ABS and it was a total fail. Layer 1 looked great but before long the whole print came off the glass. So, printing ABS onto clean glass does NOT work.

I believe the answer is to coat the glass with an ABS/Acetone mix fluid, there are posts in the forums about it. 'Magic' Juice seems to be the correct approach, although I never tried it. PLA works well for me - the main attraction of ABS would be to make joining pieces together easier.

Cheers

Mark

Posted · Abs printing

I have somewhat limited experience with this but I printed my glasses http://imgur.com/fwtIBMs, I wiped the glue stick onto the surface of the bed and wiped a wet paper towel on the surface until the glue was dissolved and printed with the default bed settings. They came out super flat and I generated the curvature with a heat gun after the print.

Posted · Abs printing

Printing on glue stick on glass works great with ABS. Pre-heat the bed to 100C, of course.

I've printed 8" tall ABS pieces with no warpage or crackage. And you don't normally need a full enclosure - the heat from the bed will keep it warm enough.

Posted · Abs printing

Use hairspray. Apply it on pretty thick, like glue. Works better when it is not all the way heated up.