Filament Delivery

Posted · Filament Delivery

Hi, I just got my hands on a UM2 and im very satisfied with the performance. However, there were 2 ABS filaments short when the UM2 arrived.

Additionally, on 30 April i ordered an additional 4 rolls of PLA filament. May i know how long is the lead time of the filaments?

My order numbers are https://www.ultimaker.com/orders/R525107766 and https://www.ultimaker.com/orders/R882412551. Thanks for helping me look into it as i need the filaments urgently.

Regards

Lionel

If you need your filament urgently, I'd suggest you order them from another supplier where they are in stock.

Ultimaker is known for having huge lead times for filament. The forums are full of people waiting for their stuff.

It may sound harsh, but they had it coming for a long time now...

Where are you located? There are many good filament sellers around the world.

I'd particularly mention colorfabb (Europe, worldwide shipping) and faberdashery (GB, worldwide shipping).

For the US, I'd try ProtoParadigm, though I haven't ordered from them before. But my preferred black PLA comes from them, really good stuff (probably not pure PLA but some mixture).

Btw. I've never ordered from Colorfabb either. Don't know about their lead times. Faberdashery was very quick for me, they sent out my order the next day (I ordered in the evening).

/edit:

By the way, congratulations on your UM2 purchase! It's a great machine and I'm sure you'll be satisfied with it!

Don't expect it to be free of any flaws or maintenance. There is no such thing as a maintenance-free 3D printer...

Colorfabb has a very short lead time, they also offer free delivery for a number of spools bought depending on you location.

I would follow Jonny's advise and order from somewhere else. It won't be lost money because spools can be finished very fast if you print like a maniac (like most of us i guess)

Hello everybody,

I'm new here and still waiting for my UM2, is it true that I have to wait longer for my UM2 because I have added one filament to the order? I actually would prefer to have the Ultimaker shipped as soon as it is ready without waiting for the filament.

Cheers

I actually would prefer to have the Ultimaker shipped as soon as it is ready without waiting for the filament.

They know that. So it will either not delay it at all or it might delay it just a small amount. Usually if it's going to delay a shipment for more than a week or two they ship separately.

Oh thanks for the info, this sounds good.