UM2 Extrudes when changing, not while printing

drsam

Posted · UM2 Extrudes when changing, not while printing

Lately when I try to print on our UM2, nothing comes out. I can go through the filament change procedure, and often find a spot where the feeder wheel ate away at the filament. If I cut off the ground away stuff and feed in the new stock, it goes through fine. It even extrudes perfectly on the last step of the procedure. I've watched it push out two feet of plastic with no problem. But the second I try to print, nothing comes out. This is with blue PLA that came with the printer.

Any ideas?

The nozzle distance seems fine, it printed well and hasn't been changed since. Plus it fails to extrude a few inches of filament (or any, for that matter) as the bed rises up.

1) What temperature is the nozzle at?

2) Are you sure it isn't ABS?

I usually push up on the filament before printing and it slides up through the feeder about 10mm.

What you describe seems strange - I haven't seen very many people post about the same thing. Maybe something is wrong with your Cura settings - maybe you set the filament diameter to 285mm instead of 2.85mm? Is the extruder gear moving? Does the extruder gear click backwards suddenly? Maybe the nozzle is just too cold?

Actually I was wrong about the photo link - the entire DNS name is disallowed by "open dns" which has security features that block websites with excessive amounts of malware. So I guess it's the website itself has been blacklisted.

Is this your personal website? If so you should scan it for malware and then contact "open dns" and have your site removed from their blacklist. If it's not your personally owned website then I again suggest you post your pictures to the forum gallery and let ultimaker worry about things like keeping the picture around for decades. And backup. Etc.

According to wikipedia, openDNS (which is free) is used by 50 billion DNS queries per day from 50 million active users.

Was the last post meant for this thread?

In regards to your earlier one, gr5, It's PLA, the same PLA we've printed with before. It came with the machine.

The Cura file worked before too. It's a 20hr print, and it ran successfully 3 times so far.

Printing at 220.