Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
Sign in to follow this  
alexanderswo

Holes in print surface

IMG 6037

IMG 6039

Hi together,

I keep having this issue with layers that suddenly start to crumble and holes evolve. In the end these holes are carried through all the rest of the layers and the surface is holy :smile: ...any suggestions on how to solve this? The first layers are perfectly layed, but then suddenly these holes accrue. I already tried with slower infill speeds 35mm/s but still not really successful.

3mm PLA XT

235°C

0,06mm layer highs

100% fill density

Thanks!

• Like 1

Thanks Robert,

they seem to have different batches of this material, is saw this stated on their website. http://colorfabb.com/xt#.U38_JRb9c5w

Adviced 3d printing temperature:

240-260C (XT filament produced before 7th februari can be printed at 220 - 240C)

the last temperature is also advised on my package.

Also the first layers are printet just fine... so I guess its not the temperature being wrong.

Any other ideas?

Also the first layers are printet just fine... so I guess its not the temperature being wrong.

First layers are printed slower, making it easier to extrude.

There was another topic recently about "Cura not extruding enough", the end result was that it was related to the ColorFabb TX material. You might want to look that up.

Your photo shows typical underextrusion. This is fixed by printing slower (although you are printing damn slow as it is - .06 layer is very thin but you can always go slower) or by increasing temperature (although I have never printed with XT before).

If it's not underextrusion, I recommend trying .2mm layers also - there may be something weird going on with such thin layers. Just try it to see how you like it. Many people swear by thin layers but I've tried both and I really like the look of .2mm. You probably think I'm an idiot - but just try it.