Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
cor3ys

Biofila Silk

Got my biofila samples through so thought i would test the Silk first as we have a Linen thread already.

The print is very very smooth and you can not see the layers but it does not look nothing like the shiny surface as per the photo on there http://www.two-bears.eu/Startseite_E/products/biofila_silk.html only real difference in there settings was they used layers of .25 not sure if this would make that much difference but will try latter to see.

Temp: 175

Speed: 40

Layer: 1.5

Retraction on

Bed Temp: 60

Biofila Silk

I had very different results from super shiny to dull. Unfurtunately, i didn't note the settings. I remember that the nice print was with a larger nozzle ( 0,6 or 0,8 ) and 0,15 mm layer height. No idea about speed and temperature. I only did 2 more prints with 0,4 nozzle and 0,1 mm layerheight, which both didn't turn out so nice.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Announcements

• Our picks

• Architect Design Contest | Vehicles.
      We're open for entries! - Design and submit your 3D designs of architectural entourage - vehicles - for a chance to win a large filament pack. Presenting an idea, an architectural design or something as big as an urban project isn't easy. A scaled model can really help to get your idea across.
      • 24 replies
    • What The DfAM?
      I'm Steve Cox, an experienced engineer familiar with 3D printing. I wanted to share some DfAM guidelines with this community to help and make stronger parts.
      I'm also an Autodesk Certified Instructor for Fusion 360, so many of the images in ...
        • Thanks
      • 23 replies

Important Information

Welcome to the Ultimaker Community of 3D printing experts. Visit the following links to read more about our Terms of Use or our Privacy Policy. Thank you!