Change the headline for new posted design notifications here on the forum...?

tommyph1208

Posted · Change the headline for new posted design notifications here on the forum...?

All I ever read on the main page is the beginning of the headline "A new design has been posted... " (on YouMagine)

Now... Why not change that headline to the actual title of the design? That way, when a new design is posted (and the notification shows up here on the forum) us UM forum members can easily see if it is of relevance to us, without even leaving the main page...

Posted · Change the headline for new posted design notifications here on the forum...?

I agree, it could be set up better. They're all added as posts by the system to the same long thread. This means, among other things that if you click the disclosure triangle next to the post in list view, to see the latest activity, all you see is boilerplate about posting comments etc.

I think these would be better in their own forum section, with a separate post per listing - that's far cleaner and easier to view, and allows the actual postings to be more informative. It also makes it possible to simply screen the entire section out of the 'show latest' view for those of us who prefer not to see those listings. (Not because they aren't interesting, but because I can go to YouMagine to see what's on YouMagine, I don't need those posts cluttering up my list of new forum activity that I'm trying to stay on top of, tbh).

If we are talking about changes to this post: the link in the line "If you have comments or feedback for this design, please post it here..." all point to design 99. A lovely design by the way but not very relevant to all other posts in this topic.

I've fixed the comment (link to Design 99) but also turned it off (no new posts will be made). I think that if they're not concentrated into a single forum that will create LOTS of threads, so that will be annoying too.

What if we would create a signature image that is not specific you a user... (like the ones some people use on the forums)? That would be less annoying (because it's quite easy to ignore) but still allow you to get a feel of what is added to YM these days... what do you think?

Do you mean that people would add that signature to their own posts? Sounds strange but maybe I'm misunderstanding you. IMHO it would be better to move the whole deal to the side of the forum. Like a small box under the "View new content / Home /Forums" etc links. That way it would be visible in every thread, but off to the side and not intrusive. Kinda like an ad if you will.

You could have separate threads in their own section/forum, rather than attaching them all to the same one post. I'd just make that different from the current 'YouMagine' section/forum - since that also includes discussion about YouMagine.

I'd have one for talking about YouMagine, and one for posting the YouMagine designs. That way people can just not go to the 'YouMagine Designs' section if they aren't interested and/or can turn that section off in the 'View New Content' view.

Do you want people discussing designs in the forum, or can that be done better in YouMagine itself? If not, then as Robert suggests, it might be better to have a sidebar showcasing the latest designs, or a page footer or something. Personally, I bookmark the 'View New Content' page, and go directly to that - I only ever actually start at the homepage and navigate through the various forums individually if I need to start a new thread of my own.