Ticket Support.

kunzite

Posted · Ticket Support.

Hey, I am having trouble ordering an Ultimaker 2. Their payment website gives me an error when attempting to proceed. I opened a ticket for assistance...

I received a reply asking for my username, password, and e-mail. This seems very strange to me.

Is this common practice at ultimaker?

Posted · Ticket Support.

Thank you for your replies.

Update on the ticket:

The support team member is still persisting that he/she can fix my problem if I supply my password.

Snip of ticket:

"I understand your restraint. What you described is a known problem and we are working on it.

Up to now, I tried it a couple of times with the clients account and the order came through.

You will receive an order confirmation, so you can check what I have done.

Also if you like, you can change the password after.

I will not use our password to harm you or what so ever, just to help you."

I don't think the support team member could do anything malicious with my account aside from changing a few profile values (no order is completed yet, very limited personal information in it)

Opinions?

Posted · Ticket Support.

I just got poked by Robert..

I understand and agree that it is not common or conventional to ask for such a thing.

But at the moment the shop (mainly at the back end) is under construction and because of this

we temporarily have only limited rights. Therefor we can not acces someones account without the password.

Like my colleague offered, the password can be reset after the service.

We can not and will not abuse that information and it will only give us the option to prepare an order up until the stage of payment. From that moment on it will be all you again.

Posted · Ticket Support.

I've never heard of any company asking for a users password, that's just wrong IMHO. I'll poke the staff for you and see if we can get this sorted.

I was thinking the same. I don't mean to get anyone into trouble. I'm sure his/her intentions are genuine.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Posted · Ticket Support.

I just got poked by Robert..

I understand and agree that it is not common or conventional to ask for such a thing.

But at the moment the shop (mainly at the back end) is under construction and because of this

we temporarily have only limited rights. Therefor we can not acces someones account without the password.

Like my colleague offered, the password can be reset after the service.

We can not and will not abuse that information and it will only give us the option to prepare an order up until the stage of payment. From that moment on it will be all you again.

Thanks for the confirmation SandervG! Sorry to hear about about the back end headaches. I'll carry through with the ticket.

Thanks again SandervG and Robert! :)

Posted · Ticket Support.

You are welcome and thank you for your positive attitude :)