Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
Sign in to follow this  
richardphat

Missing that small parts- How to

Hi there,

my teacher just ordered the hot mount extruder upgrade. Unfortunately, when I unpacked the kit, I lost the following piece. It's the piece fit between the bowden tube and the peek. (White thing)

I have attached a picture so you can get the idea about what I am talking.

Is there any way I can improvise?

When the printer was given to me, there were 58 parts missing including. So I could not use from the previous old hot end (Ultimaker Rev. 1)

35k6hch.jpg

That is the hotend isolator coupler:

https://www.ultimaker.com/products/isolator-coupler

Teflon, I believe? Not sure if you can make something yourself to replace it (official UM spare parts are, as you can see, pretty expensive... Add shipping to that and, well...)

Alternatively you could get a printed mount somwhere and go with a completely different hotend all together (E3D, Merlin, UBIS, J-head?)... Pretty silly since you just ordered this upgrade, I know... But truth is its probably going to be about the same cost as the UM spare part... The result with eg. the UBIS might be alot better than the stock hotend though...

I don't think we can afford to order not anytime soon. The shipping, tax and everything else adds an extra 40$. I am looking a way to improvise meanwhile the next order we can do. Our main problem is the fact we are in Canada, and we don't find that much retails/online that sell 3D supply.

Open a support ticket at support.ultimaker.com. Even though it was your fault they will almost surely send you a free replacement because that's how they roll (actually I don't think they have a method of billing you - so they'll probably just give it to you).

Open a support ticket at support.ultimaker.com. Even though it was your fault they will almost surely send you a free replacement because that's how they roll (actually I don't think they have a method of billing you - so they'll probably just give it to you).

Are you sure that is the case when it is a spare part you can order in the store?

Regardless... its worth a try I guess... :)

I actually have the piece right here in my hand, from my scrapped UM hotend... taking 15 euro plus VAT and shipping for THAT is absolutely outrageous...

Thanks, I'll see what I can do. I thought it could be a standard part and as a result I could find much easier. I am still browsing in my free time though.

I can send you mine in a letter if you want? It is not in very great shape, and It will take quite a while to get to Canada from Denmark, but it might work for you...