UM2 Damaged on arrival, support? NONE!

Posted · UM2 Damaged on arrival, support? NONE!

It has been 5 days since I received my UM2.

The cover of the left stepper motor had a big dent! How this is possible inside the machine is a mystery to me. Also there was a big scratch on the base plate.

Submitted a ticket 5 days ago. NO RESPONSE AT ALL!!

Unfortunately (for UM) I am part of a big (several thousands) technical community on the High Tech Campus In Eindhoven. The ultimate way for UM to get disqualified in their own country of origin before a large group of potential customers. Treating customers like this WILL have consequences.

It has been 5 days since I received my UM2.

The cover of the left stepper motor had a big dent! How this is possible inside the machine is a mystery to me. Also there was a big scratch on the base plate.

Submitted a ticket 5 days ago. NO RESPONSE AT ALL!!

Unfortunately (for UM) I am part of a big (several thousands) technical community on the High Tech Campus In Eindhoven. The ultimate way for UM to get disqualified in their own country of origin before a large group of potential customers. Treating customers like this WILL have consequences.

It's also a mystery to me. As I'm 110% sure that no machines get shipped with scratches or dents.

I'm sure Sander will respond here on Monday to see if something is up with your ticket. Also make sure the reply didn't end up in a spam folder somewhere. As we recently doubled in support staff which really cut on our response time.

As for the scratches and dent, don't think it influences the technical working of the machine. It doesn't make it prettier, and I'm sure the support people will assist in fixing it in the best way possible. But I also know there are higher priority cases where machines actually are broken due to transport.

(I do not officially represent the small group of several tens of Ultimaker people in Geldermalsen)

Message your ticket number to SanderVG using the forum's personal message (sometimes to referred to as a direct message or DM). He does community management for UM.

He has helped with several orders.

Hi Ultimoose,

Thank you for your post.

I am sorry to hear you received an Ultimaker 2 that had some damage, whether or not during transit or assembly.

As if most users here will confirm Ultimaker stands behinds its users. And if something went wrong, we will do what we can, within reasonable terms, to fix it.

Looking at the pictures in your email I am sure we are able to solve this. And like Daid says, both damages will not affect the functionality of the Ultimaker so you can continue to use it and you will not loose any valuable printing time.

I will have my colleague get back with you today so your issue will be resolved.

My apologies for the delay and the scratch on your Ultimaker. I am sure it will be solved soon.