Marlin v1.0.0 Beta 1 Released

bkubicek

Posted · Marlin v1.0.0 Beta 1 Released

Hi!

Erik van der Zalm and me worked together and have released a public beta of Marlin v1.0.0.

It has all the features I had in my fork, plus many more things. See the readme.md on github.

We made a tag, so you can download it easily here, without git or anything:

https://github.com/ErikZalm/Marlin/tags

Please be aware that the master branch is a very different one than the Marlin_v1 branch that you want.

The new features are listed in the readme, at the bottom of this page:

https://github.com/ErikZalm/Marlin/tree/Marlin_v1

The configuration file has changed a bit, you may or may not want to change the baudrate to 115200baud, if your environment does not support it.

Temperature control is now done using PID. The default PID values should work ok on ultimakers.

Please be also extra-careful with reading already existing EEPROM values, and maybe reset to defaults.

If you find any errors, let us know here:

https://github.com/ErikZalm/Marlin/issues

If you want to fine-tune PID settings, you can try the still unfinished GUI:

https://github.com/bkubicek/QTMarlin

Getting this thing to run is not very easy, you need QT4, QWT6.0.1 and either QExtSerialPort or QSerialDevice (change the define in mainwindow.h). And on the way, knowledge about linking is required.

greetings,

bernhard

Hi Bernhard,

Sounds like some good work is done! Thanks for all the effort you guys put into improving the firmware.

Is this firmware for experimental use only or do you recommend it to anyone with an Ultimaker?

I read some things about PID, what's that setting used for?

Sorry for being a n00b :oops:

It is a beta, we need people who know what they are doing to use it and giving us useful notifications of errors.But its probably more stable than any previous verisions of Marlin.

PID controls the temperature accurately (if good PID values are set, that might vary from machine to machine), I achieved +-0.2° with personaly tuned values while in print. Currently, you probably have +-7° variations with sprinter. With the 5D, usually you get 15° less than the set temperature.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PID_controller

Hi Bernhard and thanks very much for your efforts.

I got Marlin V1 yesterday and printed OK with it.

This morning however it wouldn't reach temp to start a print (2 degrees short)

So I ran M302 S193 and it returned m301 p499.417968750 i0.129341077 d2244.761718750 a998.835998535

So I typed that in (changing lowercase to uppercase) followed by M500 and started the same print again

I got the same thing, stopping 2 degrees short with the fan off.

I put in the settings again but added 100 to the A value.

This time it started printing OK.

Not sure if that was the right value to change or if that was too aggressive of a change.

I'd be interested to here your thoughts.

I don't know much about PID except for the basic theory.

I am getting a bit a bit of blobbing in the first few layers of prints and was thinking it might be temperature overshoot but not sure.

there is no m302, and the M301 is very off, usually you have p=25+-10. Please be aware that the PID values are not compatible to previous ones. If you used eeprom, please reset your eeprom to the default, and safe then to epprom to have the new default values also after a reboot.

there is no m302, and the M301 is very off, usually you have p=25+-10. Please be aware that the PID values are not compatible to previous ones. If you used eeprom, please reset your eeprom to the default, and safe then to epprom to have the new default values also after a reboot.

I thought I had done that yesterday with an M502 followed by an M500 command or is that not the correct way?

Sorry, I think I may have accidently reverted back to a version of Marlin from J-C. I'll just start again after this print finishes :oops:

Hi again

I'm having a problem when compiling/verifying. It gives a message

In file Included from Marlin.cpp:32:

/pins.h:376:6: error : #error Oops! Make sure you have 'Sanguino' selected from the 'Tools -> Boards' menu.

In the Tools/Board Menu I have Arduino Mega 2560 selected.

Serial Port COM4

I have uploaded other versions from Github before with no problems.

Marlin 1.0.0.b1 looks awesomely promising.

My initial test had the extruder spinning at crazy speeds during my attempts to print something netfabb generated... anybody else?

My initial test had the extruder spinning at crazy speeds during my attempts to print something netfabb generated... anybody else?

I got it uploaded to my board and ran

M502

M500

to reset my EEPROM

When I go to print I'm getting a bad noise from a motor, not sure which one and it comes to a stop. RepG 25 says 32r is overtaking itself or something like that and disconnects.

Erik and Bernhard just confirmed:

Since Netfabb isn't volumetric, you need to insert

M92 E14

into your Netfabb start gcode.

I have had a similar error when it said the printer was overtaking it self. It really acted like it was possessed. I restarted repg25 and it seemed to go back to normal.

Now I have been trying to get it to connect with the baud rate of 250000 and I wasn't getting much results with repg. I even changed computers. I just downloaded a copy of printrun and it connected no problem with 250000. I'm on windows 7 x64. I'm printing my first test with it and it's running way better. It's not stuttering anymore.

I'll try going back to ubuntu with printrun and see how that goes. I'm not looking back to repg, I use stand alone skeinforge so this setup works great for me. Wow it runs awesome!

Hi,

i'm using a version 1.1 PCB in combination with an Arduino Mega 2560.

At this moment it's running with Marlin firmware which was re-adjusted by Bernhard/Hendrik for a combination of 1.1 PCB with Arduino 1280. (2nd workshop config)

Should i be able to use Marlin v1.0.0 B with my config ?

Thanx,

Berend

I use 230400 on Linux.

I have had a similar error when it said the printer was overtaking it self. It really acted like it was possessed. I restarted repg25 and it seemed to go back to normal.

Now I have been trying to get it to connect with the baud rate of 250000 and I wasn't getting much results with repg. I even changed computers. I just downloaded a copy of printrun and it connected no problem with 250000. I'm on windows 7 x64. I'm printing my first test with it and it's running way better. It's not stuttering anymore.

I'll try going back to ubuntu with printrun and see how that goes. I'm not looking back to repg, I use stand alone skeinforge so this setup works great for me. Wow it runs awesome!