Quick Question

solid-print-3d

Posted · Quick Question

UM2-

If I set the material to custom, lets say 102% Flow...

AND I use Tweak at Z, say layer 30 = 110% flow,

Does the printer print at 112%, does it override the 102% offset and simply print 110% for that layer, or does it do something entirely different.

Thanks

Posted · Quick Question

Afaik any mcode used in a Ultigcode file will override the UM2 setting. This means it will print with 110% flow from that layer on (and will stay on that value for the layers following the tweak height).

Which version of the plugin are you using? 3.1.2?

Posted · Quick Question

Yes, 3.1.2,

That's interesting.... I guess I need to tweak filament diameter instead of adjusting flow... Also, I always use Tweak At Z in pairs, one tweak for the layers, another to set it back to normal, in other words, layer 30 would be 110%, layer 31 would go back to 100% ....SO.... If I go back to "normal" I guess a filament that is using 102% in the UM2 menu, would revert to 100% becasue of Tweak At Z....

Posted · Quick Question

Yes, if you apply 100% for layer 31, then it will be 100% from that height on.

There is no reset on UM2s running with UltiGCode. On an UMO or an UM2 with RepRap flavor, there is a reset to previous values if more than one object is printed and the tweak height is underrun. This is the rule; here comes the exception: speed is reset to 100% after a print on an UM2 with UltiGCode with http://wiki.ultimaker.com/CuraPlugin:_TweaktAtZ.

It's planned to provide a reset also for UltiGCode in future. But this requires a few additional commands in the UM2 firmware which do not yet exist.

Posted · Quick Question

I assume flow is the same as other settings. For example the fan I know for sure... If you have it come on gradually from 0 to 1mm such that each .1mm layer is 10% faster (50% at .5mm) you can change it in the Tune menu but when it hits the next layer it changes it back to the gcode value. You can check this in the TUNE menu and see that it changed.

Posted · Quick Question

Yes, gcode settings always override machine settings. The gradual increase of the fan speed is also written into the gcode by Cura and realized with one command on each height until it has reached its final value. Then you can tune it on the machine and it will stay the same.

Posted · Quick Question

To say "override" is a bit wrong in my eyes. Setting things with either the gcode or from the interface is the same thing. Neither has power over the other, the last command is what counts.