Building an Ultimaker Original Sourcing Parts

kesjeff

Posted · Building an Ultimaker Original Sourcing Parts

I am currently making our own Ultimaker original and have cut all the panels and I am starting to source my parts from the BOM. I am looking for some of the parts like the print head thumb screws and other parts that I can't seem to find on the web for the extruder and such. Once I find a source for all I will post the list to share with all other user here.

Thanks and can't wait to get our first printer up and running.

Thanks,

Jeff

• 2 weeks later...
    • 1 month later...

Also, do consider doing some of the upgrades that people do anyways (like changing the hotend), right away...

There is no reason for you spending hours and hours, trying to source the original UM hotend, only to replace it with say an E3D v6 within the first few months of use... Look at the UM, as more of a general (good) guideline design for a printer, and then make your own (educated) choices, based on what you read on the forums...

You may find (nearly) anything you need (including the BOM) here: https://github.com/Ultimaker/UltimakerOriginal

Thank you

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AiGVb1VvlUaidGw5Y2hGNDNvRVR2M05wR0l6XzhOM1E&usp=sharing

Here's my list of nearly every parts in finnish put I think that this list can help you a little.

Assembling my original plus now, but found the part "z-Lead Nut" was missing. Can I know where to download the drawing of this part from the open source so I can make it from CNC directly?

https://www.google.com/url?q=https://github.com/Ultimaker/UltimakerOriginal&usd=2&usg=ALhdy2-gScf2sRfaM_4cIiizvwEP67QxTQ

Z lead nut drawings should find from um original github website. I don't remember it correct name there but... If I remember right there was different z lead nut at um original plus.

Thanks for the link and info guys.

Assembling my original plus now, but found the part "z-Lead Nut" was missing.

Is your Z-Lead nut not on the Z axis?

If the heated bed is packed as it is in the heated bed kit, the z-Lead Nut comes attached to the sheet metal support for the bed. The same piece that the z bearings attach to.

Yes, now I found it.

I saw it on the axis but on the manual the shape of the Z-lead nut is different. And with the link provided above I was able to see the real shape from the drawing and finally found it on the Z axis. Thanks a lot.